Clubs & Cool Things

     I never realized how much work it takes to organize a club. I had to make up a contact information sheet and print it out and print out information about volunteer applications for the Red Cross. I'm hoping to keep it low-stress and low-key by only doing three projects this year. Hopefully the first one will be Holiday Mail for Heroes, which I think is a good, inexpensive, doable cause that everyone in the club can actively participate in without having to donate anything more than their time. Although, if we're making cards we'll probably have to raise money to buy paper and supplies. Perfect example of all of the things I didn't realize went into running a club. But I'm not stressed about it yet, so hopefully it will stay that way. I don't know how anyone can be president of more than one club at a time. But there are people who do it! In my school! Speaking of my school, one of my classmates, Cassandra Li, recently started her own version of Humans of New York called Humans of Smithsburg, and it's based on the same format and premise of Humans of New York but is exclusively for people of our community (Smithsburg). There is a Facebook page (Humans of Smithsburg), a Twitter (@humansoftheburg) and an Instagram (@humansofsmithsburg). So far there are only two interviews, but they're both fantastic, with great accompanying photographs. It looks so official! I'm impressed. Congrats, Cassandra! It's great. I can't wait to read more.

Day 663 Song Recommendation: "Fire and Flood" by Vance Joy.
-SE Wagner

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts