BookOutlet Book Haul

These past few weeks with ordering books has been kind of miserable. If you remember I read Pretty Little Liars and now I am obsessed. I ordered the books and all of them are here except the second one! Apparently the mail lost it and it was a whole big deal and it sucked. Basically i've had to reorder it because you can't buy it new from Amazon. It was supposed to be here today and of course it's not so I think the same thing is going to happen again. You're probably wondering why don't I try ordering it from somewhere else? All they have is the paperback. It's like the hardcover has dissapeared and I don't understand what the heck happened but all I need is the second book and the mail doesn't want me to have it.
This sounds pathetic. I know.
Eventually.

Then I was on YouTube and I saw someone doing a book haul for a website called 'BookOutlet' and since I like a good deal on books I got on the website.
Now my obsession is with BookOutlet and it's getting kind of bad. The books are so cheap though! If you haven't tried it I highly recommended it.
I got 13 books for under a hundred dollars which makes me beyond thrilled.

1. The Lying Game, Sara Shepard (The Lying Game Series #1)
I had a life anyone would kill for.
Then someone did.
The worst part of being dead is that there's nothing left to live for. No more kisses. No more secrets. No more gossip. It's enough to kill a girl all over again. But I'm about to get something no one else does--an encore performance, thanks to Emma, the long-lost twin sister I never even got to meet.
Now Emma's desperate to know what happened to me. And the only way to figure it out is to be me--to slip into my old life and piece it all together. But can she laugh at inside jokes with my best friends? Convince my boyfriend she's the girl he fell in love with? Pretend to be a happy, care-free daughter when she hugs my parents goodnight? And can she keep up the charade, even after she realizes my murderer is watching her every move?
Let the lying game begin.

It's no secret that I love Sara Shepard and i'm slowly but surely getting all of her books and godbless BookOutlet for having the entire series of The Lying Game. I am so excited to dive into this series probably after Pretty Little Liars. You know if I ever get the second book.

2. Never Have I Ever, Sara Shepard (The Lying Game #2)


3. Two Truths And A Lie, Sara Shepard (The Lying Game Series #3)


4. Hide And Seek, Sara Shepard (The Lying Game Series #4)


5. Cross My Heart, Hope To Die, Sara Shepard (The Lying Game Series #5)


6. Seven Minutes In Heaven, Sara Shepard (The Lying Game #6)


7. Deadly, Sara Shepard (Pretty Little Liars Series #14)


8. Vicious, Sara Shepard (Pretty Little Liars, #16)


9. Broken Hearts, Fences, And Other Things To Mend , Katie Finn (AKA Morgan Matson)

Hot sun. Blue waves. New romances. Old secrets.
Gemma had her summer all planned out, but it takes a sharp turn when she gets dumped and finds herself back in the Hamptons after a five-year absence.
Being there puts her at risk of bumping into Hallie, her former best friends (that is, before Gemma ruined her life). But people don't hold grudges forever. Do they?
Gemma intends on making amends, but a small case of mistaken identity causes the people she knew years ago—including Hallie and her dreamy brother, Josh—to believe she's someone else. As though the summer wasn't complicated enough already.
Filled with summer sun, boys, and friendships gone sour, Katie Finn's first novel in the Broken Hearts and Revenge series sizzles and delights.

I can't believe that it took me this long to realize that Katie Finn is Morgan Matson. I love Morgan Matson and hopefully I will love the next two books as well. This would have been a perfect summer read but oh well. There's always next summer. Hopefully I like Finn as much as I like Matson. *crosses fingers*



10. Anne Frank Remembered, Miep Gies

She found the diary and brought the world a message of love and hope.
It seems as if we are never far from Miep's thoughts....Yours, Anne
For the millions moved by "Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl," here at last is Miep's own astonishing story. For more than two years, Miep Gies and her husband helped hide the Franks from the Nazis. Like thousands of unsung heroes of the Holocaust, they risked their lives each day to bring food, news, and emotional support to the victims.
From her own remarkable childhood as a World War I refugee to the moment she places a small, red-orange, checkered diary -- Anne's legacy -- in Otto Frank's hands, Miep Gies remembers her days with simple honesty and shattering clarity. Each page rings with courage and heartbreaking beauty.

I loved the Diary Of Anne Frank. I remember reading it in seventh grade relating to Anne Frank in a way. We were sort of going through same situations with growing up and being the youngest sibling and trying to figure ourselves out. It was such a wonderful book and by the end of the book I was just sobbing. I couldn't cope with the fact that Anne died because she had so much to give to the world and the holocaust was just beyond awful and I will never understand it. 
I was also intrigued by Miep because even though Anne mentions her in the diary we don't really hear much about her. I can't wait to read this book.

11. Where Things Come Back, John Corey Whaley 

Just when seventeen-year-old Cullen Witter thinks he understands everything about his small and painfully dull Arkansas town, it all disappears. . . . 
In the summer before Cullen's senior year, a nominally-depressed birdwatcher named John Barling thinks he spots a species of woodpecker thought to be extinct since the 1940s in Lily, Arkansas. His rediscovery of the so-called Lazarus Woodpecker sparks a flurry of press and woodpecker-mania. Soon all the kids are getting woodpecker haircuts and everyone's eating "Lazarus burgers." But as absurd as the town's carnival atmosphere has become, nothing is more startling than the realization that Cullen’s sensitive, gifted fifteen-year-old brother Gabriel has suddenly and inexplicably disappeared. 
While Cullen navigates his way through a summer of finding and losing love, holding his fragile family together, and muddling his way into adulthood, a young missionary in Africa, who has lost his faith, is searching for any semblance of meaning wherever he can find it. As distant as the two stories seem at the start, they are thoughtfully woven ever closer together and through masterful plotting, brought face to face in a surprising and harrowing climax. 

I honestly don't know if i'm going to like this book but it has been getting rave reviews on BookTube for the last few years and it was really cheap and I thought I would try it.


12. Afterworlds, Scott Westerfeld 

Darcy Patel has put college and everything else on hold to publish her teen novel, Afterworlds. Arriving in New York with no apartment or friends she wonders whether she's made the right decision until she falls in with a crowd of other seasoned and fledgling writers who take her under their wings… 
Told in alternating chapters is Darcy's novel, a suspenseful thriller about Lizzie, a teen who slips into the 'Afterworld' to survive a terrorist attack. But the Afterworld is a place between the living and the dead and as Lizzie drifts between our world and that of the Afterworld, she discovers that many unsolved - and terrifying - stories need to be reconciled. And when a new threat resurfaces, Lizzie learns her special gifts may not be enough to protect those she loves and cares about most.

After hearing bad things about the "Uglies" series I didn't really want to try it but when this book came out I thought it sounded so cool. Hopefully I like it. 


13. Jackaby, William Ritter

Newly arrived in New Fiddleham, New England, 1892, and in need of a job, Abigail Rook meets R. F. Jackaby, an investigator of the unexplained with a keen eye for the extraordinary--including the ability to see supernatural beings. Abigail has a gift for noticing ordinary but important details, which makes her perfect for the position of Jackaby’s assistant. On her first day, Abigail finds herself in the midst of a thrilling case: A serial killer is on the loose. The police are convinced it’s an ordinary villain, but Jackaby is certain it’s a nonhuman creature, whose existence the police--with the exception of a handsome young detective named Charlie Cane--deny.
Doctor Who meets Sherlock in William Ritter’s debut novel, which features a detective of the paranormal as seen through the eyes of his adventurous and intelligent assistant in a tale brimming with cheeky humor and a dose of the macabre.

Again I heard about this book on Booktube and the cover is absolutely beautiful so i'm immediately intrigued but I've been wanting to read a historical romance and hopefully that's what this is.



14. The Bone Season, Samantha Shannon (Autographed)

The year is 2059. Nineteen-year-old Paige Mahoney is working in the criminal underworld of Scion London, based at Seven Dials, employed by a man named Jaxon Hall. Her job: to scout for information by breaking into people's minds. For Paige is a dreamwalker, a clairvoyant and, in the world of Scion, she commits treason simply by breathing.
It is raining the day her life changes for ever. Attacked, drugged and kidnapped, Paige is transported to Oxford – a city kept secret for two hundred years, controlled by a powerful, otherworldly race. Paige is assigned to Warden, a Rephaite with mysterious motives. He is her master. Her trainer. Her natural enemy. But if Paige wants to regain her freedom she must allow herself to be nurtured in this prison where she is meant to die.

Yes I know that I already own and read this book but when I saw that there was an autographed copy of this book for cheap. I screamed. This is one of my favorite books and I just couldn't believe that I was lucky enough to find it. I can't wait to get it.


DFTBA
-AB









Comments

Popular Posts