7 Again

     I apologize for my lack of interesting posts lately. I really don't have any excuses for my lack of cool post topics.
     I heard this song in a Kid President video and I'm digging it, especially these lyrics:

     And all the memories of the days you lost/You add them up and then you count the cost/You're just a shadow of a man undone/Another life that has just begun/So light your torch and follow me/We'll burn the boats back to who we used to be

     I have decided to do the Internet portion of 7 again starting tomorrow and give up the Internet for a month. The quote DL is putting in the yearbook is "And where you invest your love, you invest your life" and lately, I've been investing my love in the Internet and it's become my life. And that's just too unbearably sad. I went back and read a few posts from last year's Internet-free month and here's what I had to say on September 3rd:
It was weird, because after I got home from school I didn't know what to do with myself. I usually check my email and then plop down on the couch with my iPad and spend an hour on the Internet before starting homework, but today I just kind of looked around and was like, "Well, I guess I'll clean out my lunch box now... and then go play some ukulele... and read "Stargirl"... and play with Maggie and eat dinner and do homework." Gosh, there is so much more free time without Internet! I purposefully didn't recharge my iPad after it died on Monday because I just don't want to be tempted to get on it until October 1st. So far it has worked. And like DL and AB, I'm actually enjoying this newly discovered life of mine. Yeah, I miss Netflix and YouTube and emailing, but I'll get over it.
     I want that back. Reading, playing with my pets, talking to my family.


Day 672 Song Recommendation: "Shadow of a Man" by Neulore.

-SE Wagner


Comments

Popular Posts