July 2015 Wrap Up

1. The Secret Of Red Gate Farm, Carolyn Keene 4/5

It was really interesting to read a Nancy Drew books after years of not reading them. There's a lot that I didn't notice and honestly I hope that the books stay around. The writing was really dry but I knew it was going to be like that.

2. Kissing In America, Margo Rabb 3.5/5

Halfway through this book I didn't think that I was going to like it. It seemed to cheesy, predictable. Let's admit we all knew how it was going to end. (If you read the book.) I loved the ending though, it really saves the story. I loved the mother and daughter relationship. That this wasn't just a book about romantic love but paternal love, friendship love etc. Also that little twist at the end. I don't know why it took me so long to finish this book but I did enjoy it. Slowly but surely getting out of this reading slump.


3. Packing Light, Allison Vesterfelt 5/5

I loved this book, I don't know why but I always love the stories when someone does something so out of the ordinary. It was so cool to go on this journey with Ally of packing light. I don't know if I could have done what she did like sleeping in a car most of the time and having only a suitcase to live out of. 

4. Lone Survivor, Marcus Luttrell 4/5 

This is one of those books that I've had on my shelf for a while and for some reason or another I didn't pick up. Marcus is one of those people that I would love to meet in real life. He seems really humble and kind. He had someone help him write the story but at the same time you could tell that he was immersed in the story. I honestly hear about people doing really brave things and I am amazed. You have to have a lot of strength to do what Marcus and his fellow navy soldiers did.


5. Searching For Sunday, Rachel Held Evans 4/5 

Where was this book a few months ago? Honestly.
This book is for anyone who struggles with the idea of church. Rachel discusses a lot of issues that needed to be discussed. The church is often seen as hypocritical, republican, unwelcoming etc. The sad thing is depending on the church it probably is. I think this book needs more attention. 


6. Journey's Of A Lifetime, National Geographic 5/5

Really for anybody who wants to travel.


7. Between The Notes,  Sharon Huss Roat 5/5

I heard about this book a while ago and I'm so glad that I picked this up. This book was different than the normal YA books. It deals with someone who had a lot of money and then lost it. It's also about fitting in. I know i'm not making this book sound very appealing but it was a really good book. 
I think the reading slump is over.

Overall: This month has been absolutely chaotic and somehow it went by so fast. With the doctor's appointments, mission trip, work etc. It has been so beautiful at the same time. That doesn't leave a lot of time for reading though. Unfortunately I only read 7 books and I know that's a lot to some people but to me it's not as much as I normally would. Now i'm on vacation for a week and I will be reading for the most of it. 

DFTBA
-AB






Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts