1989,Goodbyes & Changes

Today was a very emotional day. It was one of those days where it was like holy crap I am growing up. With my friends I try to get them to come to church with me. I may be a little bit biased but I think we're the best. I got one of my friends to go with me today and she actually wants to go back next week. Today was Megan and Zoe's last day in the youth group. In the beginning I thought that I would be fine but by the end I was sobbing. We were able to give them gifts and cards. Then we got to share with them whatever we wanted. Of course that's when the floodgates opened and I said only a little bit of what I wanted to say to them. I said that I wouldn't cry but I did. The blessings that these two girls have been in my life is describable. Megan and I have been together really since the beginning. We were just a pair in the youth group, one didn't go without the other. Now i'm flying solo. We are total opposites but I honestly don't want to go to youth group every Sunday and she not be there.  Zoe is a book lover, always unbelievably optimistic even through all the shit she has been through. She is one of the hardest working people that I know. It didn't take long for us to click. She's going two hours away and it's driving me crazy.
I love them both so much and it is so bittersweet that they are moving on and going down different paths. Megan said she's only forty minutes away but we get busy to even text each other much less drive forty minutes to see her.
This sucks, it really sucks.
How are you supposed to get better when on a diet? Go to Subway and buy the latest Taylor Swift Deluxe CD and listen to it repeatedly.
This is the beginning of a new journey full of changes. There will laughing, crying etc. I may not be ready for a lot of them but life doesn't wait for you to be ready.
Ugh, this will be difficult.
DFTBA
-AB




Comments

Popular Posts