Communication Issues

Last night:
     Let me tell you something that is very difficult to do. Have a conversation in real-time in a language you don't speak with your only aid being Google translate and a dictionary with an insufficient amount of words with a person who doesn't always use proper spelling and never uses punctuation.

Today:
     Apparently it's so difficult I can't even manage to remember to post! Sorry about that. I was so busy trying to solve communications issues that I forgot to actually publish my post about them. I'm glad that I'm able to talk with my Haitian friends, but it is not an easy feat. I don't know why no one has invented a better translation app than Google translate, because honestly, sometimes it's completely useless. Sometimes my knowledge of Creole is better than Google's. For example, Google always translates "non" as "name" even though it also means "no" and that's usually the context it's being used in. Anyway, maybe this will eventually be not as frustrating. And as frustrating as it can be, it's still kind of fun, like a puzzle. 

Day 613 Song Recommendation: "Gone to the Movies" by Semisonic. Paper Towns was super good, maybe even better than the book. And that surprise cameo was perfect!
-SE Wagner 

Comments

Popular Posts