Moms, Proms, and Other Wonderful Things

     Yesterday was my school's prom, and while I didn't go, I got to enjoy it vicariously through the hilarious tales AB and AP told me afterwards at our sleepover. Even though I didn't got to prom, the excitement and anticipation for prom was heavy in the air yesterday and for the whole past week. Everyone's been so hyper and happy about prom and it's been really fun to watch. 
     Now today is Mother's Day, and it's been great hanging out with my grandmas and my mom because I appreciate them all so much. 
    Overall this whole weekend has been really really nice and I'm so glad for all my friends and family members that I got to spend time with this weekend. The weather has also been totally perfect and it's making me realize just how close we are to the end of the school year. I know we talk about that a lot, but that's because it's so exciting and simultaneously very scary to know that junior year of high school is only about a month from being over, and senior year is so close. By this time next year, I'll be getting ready to graduate, and I'll already know where in going to college (cough cough Messiah), and then the nostalgia will really start to hit me. I can predict lots of tears, both in public and on my own. It's going to be an incredibly emotional next few years, and weirdly, I'm looking forward to every minute of it. 


-VaughnDL

Comments

Popular Posts