May 2015 Wrap Up


1. Cat's Cradle, Kurt Vonnegut 1/5

I really wish that I could have liked this book.
I am a satire fan but honestly this book almost bored me out of my mind. With every book I read for school I try to go into it with an open mind but after a few pages of it I knew that I wasn't going to like it. There wasn't really one character that I cared for. I hate that Vonnegut has this view that we are the puppets and God is the puppet master. That we set out to find purpose and sense with this life and somehow end up with nothing. That religion is stupid and we need to completely depend on man.








2. The Sky Is Everywhere, Jandy Nelson 3/5

This book had one thing that we all know that I really hate.
Insta-love.
I will say though by the end of the book I was really pleased with how it ended. Death isn't really an easy topic to write about in a book and the writing was beautiful. Lennie was just a really hard character to love and fall in love with as a reader which is very frustrating. The end is what really made me give it a 3 out of five.










3. The Raven Boys, Maggie Stiefvater 3.5/5

I was kind of dissapointed with this book. Since there was a lot of hype on Goodreads I think that's what really fueled me to read it. It was really slow though and it was beyond confusing. Thank God for Recaptains for clearing a lot of things up for me.
Hopefully the next book will be better













4. Saint Anything, Sarah Dessen 4/5

This book was really beautiful. I keep waiting to read a Sarah Dessen book in which I get tired of the writing.
It hasn't happened yet.
The book did feel a little long but none the less it was a great story.













5. An Ember In The Ashes, Sabaa Tahir 4/5

I honestly didn't think that I was going to like this book. I was reading it because it was the bookspolision book of the month and once in a while it's nice to be in a online book club. Also I really like the books that they pick. On of the reasons why I picked this up was because it was a 'novel' come to find out that they there was going to be a sequel. The ending definitely left us hanging.












6. American Wife, Taya Kyle 5/5

See Book Review














Overall:
This month was actually a decent reading month. It was so busy that I didn't get to read as much as I wanted. The month started off rough but it got better.
I would also just like to say that I finished logging all my books and I now have a official list of all my books. I thought it would be three pages.
It's 10 pages.
I sound like such a nerd right now.
I am so ready for summer.

DFTBA
-AB

Comments

Popular Posts