It's Not Cool to Hate Things

I learned this. Literally life changing.     Apologies for not posting yesterday. I spent the night at AP's house and forgot to post before I went over. MF recommended the song "All the Pretty Girls" by Kaleo and I really like it, so I'm going to recommend that one and whatever other song I think of to make up for not posting yesterday.
     Like DL mentioned, yesterday was a bit depressing. I don't have any really close senior friends but there are seniors who I talk to and have classes with and it's a little sad thinking that I'll pretty much never see them again. But alas, tis life. They must move on to bigger, grander things. And we must stay and endure one last year of the American public education system, as unfair as that may be. It's weird, because now I suppose that all of the juniors are technically seniors. I wonder how that will feel on Monday. Probably not much different. I saw a quote on Pinterest today, and it pretty much summarized the difference between my middle school and freshman self and my more recent self. I used to think it was cool not to have any school spirit and not to join clubs or do activities and just be generally disinterested and cynical, and I can still be that way at times, but I've learned to like more things than I hate, and it's really a lot cooler. People like people who are enthusiastic and excited about things. No one wants to be around people who are constantly going on and on about how much they hate so-and-so or such-and-such. At the same time, it's important to still be genuine in your views and not just say you love something because you feel like you should. But yeah, just do what the quote says: "Talk about what you love and keep quiet about what you don't." But feel free to have those venting sessions with your friends... those are important.

Day 552 Song Recommendation: "All the Pretty Girls" by Kaleo. Get the song for free on iTunes. This song reminds me of Bon Iver.

Day 553 Song Recommendation: "Disarray" by Lifehouse.
-SE Wagner

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts