Belief

     We watched Unbroken tonight. It was really good, if a bit tedious at times. I don't know how some people can go through things like that and not just give up or be scarred for life from it. I thought one of the most interesting parts of the movie was at the end, when it talks about how Louis Zamperini went back to Japan to tell his captors that he had forgiven them. He struggled with alcoholism after coming home from the war but found God after attending a Billy Graham speech. I couldn't imagine being able to forgive someone who made my life Hell, but I also couldn't imagine lifting a railroad tie over my head for hours on end. It's incredible what one can do with faith and an iron will.


Day 543 Song Recommendation: "Believe" by Mumford & Sons.
-SE Wagner

Comments

Popular Posts