Amazing Things

     I just love when amazing things happen. In particular when I'm in a really bad place emotionally and something comes along that completely turns that around. That's exactly what just happened to me a minute ago. First off, I opened the blog like I do every day and was met with both AB's and SE's thoughtful and comforting posts that both spoke right to me. Then as I was reading their posts, the song "Ten Thousand Reasons" by Matt Redman came on which is one of my favorite worship songs and was exactly what I needed to hear. I was so struck by SE and AB's posts and by the fact that that song came on right at that exact moment that I just had to put my phone down and bury my face in my sheets for a second which of course is when the tears started. Then in the midst of all that I just got that urge that feels like someone tugging at my shirt whispering "Bible! Go get you Bible!" I know that sounds crazy, but I actually get this urge a lot, and I'm ashamed to say I often ignore it. It's just that when I do give in to it and get my Bible, I don't actually know where to go from there. The little voice just says "Bible", not "Psalm 129 verse 30!" Or anything specific like that, so then I get discouraged because I don't know what to do once I actually open my Bible. But this time I was like "okay God, I'm just going to open my Bible and whatever page it lands on there's going to be something encouraging okay? That's the plan." So I randomly cracked open my Bible and more crying commensed, because the VERY FIRST verses my eyes landed on we're these:"Do not be afraid Jacob, do not be dismayed Israel. For I will bring you home again from distant lands...Israel will return to a life of peace and quiet. Do not be afraid Jacob my servant for I am with you." 

-Jeremiah 46:27-28

 Maybe those verses seem random to you, but to me they speak exactly to what I'm going through. I am so scared and dismayed and stressed out and frustrated right now. I feel exactly like I'm in a foreign land waiting to be rescued, like I don't know any of my surroundings or what's going to happen next. Like I've been far away from home and happiness for months. And He says He'll return me to a life of peace and quiet, which is exactly what I've been hoping for. To be able to return to the way things were before this awful school year. To be peaceful again, to be myself again. 
     The fact that this situation made me cry is just further proof of how much I've changed in these last few months. As a sophomore, if something like this had happened I would have said "wow that's pretty cool, a nice coincidence" but now it's like these posts by my friends and that song and these unbelievably perfect verses are so overwhelmingly beautiful to me and so exactly what I needed to hear right now that I'm practically bawling out of relief. Like I finally have something to hold on to for the rest of this school year because now I have the promise of returning back to peace and quiet. I finally have assurance that things won't always be this bad. And I know that if I'd just looked a little sooner I would have figured that out earlier, but right now, all three of those things at once were just perfect. 
     Sorry for the double post today but I had to get this out. 

-VaughnDL

Comments

Popular Posts