Tracks Movie Review

     I didn't finish watching The Maze Runner but I did watch Tracks today, which I've wanted to see even before I read the book, and finally I got to see it. It was really good and I appreciated how dirty and gross they made Mia Wasikowska (which I found out is pronounce vash-i-kovska) look for the role. I definitely think I enjoyed it even more because I'd read that book, and the movie was basically a summary of all the most important parts of the book. The book was kind of drawn out, so in some ways the movie was even better. Mia Wasikowska also looks a lot like the young Robyn Davidson. And Adam Driver looks a lot like the young Rick Smolan.
Spoiler Alert! 
     When she has to shoot her dog... it was so sad in the book, and it was just as sad in the movie. I almost cried. It was like when Will Smith had to kill his dog in I Am Legend. That was just plain tragic. Honestly, sometimes I think dog deaths are more heart-wrenching than people deaths in movies.

Day 511 Song Recommendation: "Buffalo Soldier" by Bob Marley & the Wailers.
-SE Wagner

Comments

Popular Posts