Spring

You know, there's something about a beautiful day that just makes you feel so great. I think in all honesty I was starting to believe that spring would never actually come. This winter had lasted so darn long that I'd just gotten accustomed to the dreary coldness of it and had resigned myself to never getting to feel warmth again, but finally, on these past two or three weeks, the weather has actually started to feel like spring. The trees are finally in blossom and I finally decided to dig out my spring/summer wardrobe which I thought I'd never get to wear again. When it's sunny and floral outside, it inspires me to dress in sunny floral outfits, which is a welcome change from sweaters and corduroy. This weekend has been absolutely beautiful; I wore no sleeves on Friday, no sleeves today, and short sleeves yesterday, which felt great. I actually WANT to be outside for the first time in months and it's done me a world of good. I've actually spent the good portion of my weekend outside in the sunshine instead of curled up on my bed with my eyes glued to the YouTube screen. It's been glorious. When it starts to feel like spring, it also starts to feel like the school year is winding down which is so amazing it makes me want to cry tears of joy, which would be a refreshing change from the tears of frustration I've been shedding literally and metaphorically or the past few months.

Also when the weather is nice, I feel inspired to write more often and I get to take walks and sit outside and just get lost in my thoughts which is a really wonderful experience. And, much as I claim to hate it, spring also means I get to start mowing the grass, and even thought it makes me sweaty and dirty and disgusting, it also means I get two hours of doing nothing but listening to music and my own thoughts while mindlessly walking back and forth and getting a tan. Spring is also the time of festivals. Just this weekend I went the relief sale, two huge yard sales, and a big barbecue festival! And they were all incredibly enjoyable because the sunshine was out and the weather was great. It's also the perfect weather to go for long winding Sunday drives with the windows down, which is exactly what my family and I did today.
After church we got some KFC and drove up to High Rock to eat and enjoy the view. It was so beautiful and peaceful. After we were done, we just wandered lazily all through the mountains and pointed out all the places we knew-- well mostly my Dad because that's where he grew up.
Then we had to come home and I had to face reality and do my homework, but it was nice enough outside that I took my math homework out on the porch and did it there, which made it a little more bearable. Now the day is winding down and it's evening, which is one of my favorite times of day, and I'm actually almost happy, or at least I'm pretty content. Thank the Lord for spring. 


-VaughnDL 

Comments

Popular Posts