Robot Love?

Yesterday I was on YouTube before school and I saw an ad with a trailer for "Ex-Machina". I skipped it because of how ridiculous it looked and then I came back to it and watched. I honestly can't even really tell you what it's about. It definitely hints that a real man falls for a robot woman
Why? Why are we making movies like this?
Last year in English we talked about a movie called 'her'. In the class we discussed if falling in love wih a robot was real love.
I honestly wanted to laugh at that idea. It seemed ridiculous.
It's no secret that we live in a world that changing and developing constantly. We are surrounded by technology. All of which can improved and changed. I remember when everyone was amazed by the first iPod shuffle. Now look at the latest iPod. Some people are addicted and then think they are in love. Which is really disgusting. Robots and technology, they're not real. I was talking with DL about this yesterday and luckily she seemed to agree with me. I don't want to marry a robot, I want to marry a real man. A robot can't feel on it's own, you tell it how to feel. They can't eat or drink. Or really do anything that human can do, naturally.
If the world is overtaken by robots someday I just hope that i'm dead before it happens.
DFTBA
-AB

Comments

Popular Posts