Empty Me Out

     Okay, I know I'm not the music blogger, but I just HAVE to talk about this song I discovered, because I am obsessed with it and I must share it with someone, anyone, everyone!
The beautiful Liz Vice
     First, let's back up a bit. So I listen to Word FM, which is a Contemporary Christian radio station. I listen to it because I really don't enjoy mainstream pop music, and I like some of the music and love the radio hosts, they're all really nice and funny. But on the whole, it's just not really my type of music. Too tame, and too typical. Some of it I really enjoy, and I get the songs stuck in my head, even the songs I don't really love. Anyway, it's just always felt like there's no Christian music in the genres I like. I'm more of an Indie/Alt/Folk/Electronica/Synthpop girl, and it seems like the Christian music in those genres is slim pickins and hard to find. The other day though, I found this blog called "The Good Christian Music Blog" (aptly named) that's literally JUST Christian music in every genre I love! It's seriously the greatest thing ever. I love almost every song that's come on their YouTube playlist. However, there's this one song that I just cannot get over. It's so unique and amazing, I can't stop thinking about it! It's called "Empty Me Out" by Liz Vice, and it's the coolest song ever. It's only about two years old, but it sounds straight out of the 60s Motown era. When I listen to it, I can just picture Aibileen Clark and Minnie Jackson from The Help walking into church with their fancy Southern hats and hand-fans. It's a song that truly transports you to another time and place. It's so great to finally find unique Christian music that I absolutely love! I will be singing this song for the next month or so, trying to get it stuck out of my head! I love that such amazing music is being made even in 2015, and that there are still musicians who have an appreciation for the old styles of music. I am thoroughly obsessed with this song, and with Liz Vice herself. You can download the entire album here for free.
I cannot get over her talent!!!!!!!!



Happy Listening!



               -VaughnDL 

Comments

Popular Posts