Awkward Anthems

     Today we had our last track meet before counties at the same school we had our first meet at, and at the first one, they didn't have their flag up for the national anthem, so we were all just standing around with our hands over our chests, staring off into the distance at nothing (DL and I trying not to laugh) and then today they had the flag up, but no music, so one of the coaches just started singing the national anthem, and some other people joined in and it was so out of key and they even said the wrong words once and the high notes just made me cringe and DL and I were silently laughing our heads off. We couldn't decide which time was more awkward. It was also really cold again, so that wasn't much fun. I also had to sub in for one of the girls on the team who twisted her ankle doing the long jump, and since I'd never done a relay before, the hand off was pretty bad, but it was still fun. The turbo thing continues to make me feel bad about myself, but whatever. Haha. I'm so glad tomorrow is Friday. This week has been treacherously long, and this weekend is going to be tortuously short.

Day 517 Song Recommendation: "Boy with a Coin" by Iron & Wine.
-SE Wagner

Comments

  1. I love "Boy With a Coin"!!! My favorite Iron & Wine song.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts