April: This Month's Movies

The Sound of Music
     I'd been craving this movie for a while and I finally got a chance to watch it over spring break. It was every bit as good as I remember it being and it made me happy to know there are some really enjoyable and wholesome movies out there that transcend the eras. 

Short Term 12
     SE recommended this movie to me, and it was so good. Definitely a movie that gave me all the feels. It felt very real and emotional, and I appreciated that a lot.

Breakfast at Tiffany's
     This is obviously a classic, but I'd never seen it until the beginning of this month, and now I understand why it's so widely lived. It's really good and in a lot of ways, I feel like it was ahead of its time. It doesn't have that "wow, this is an old movie" feel to it, it felt surprisingly modern, which I was glad about because I'm not huge on old movies. 

Pitch Perfect
     This was in TV a few weeks ago, and I decided that it had been a while since I'd seen it so I watched it again, and it was just as funny and enjoyable as the first time I saw it. I think this movie has a lot to recommend it because it's hilarious, has a great cast, is totally unique, and has an amazing soundtrack. It's one of those movies I could watch a million times and not get tired of it. 


Born Into Brothels
     I was in the mood for a documentary one day, and I found this one on YouTube. It was really interesting and both inspiring and sad. It's about this photographer lady who decided to live in the brothels of India and teach the children of the prostitutes about photography so that they could have a skill that might help them get out of the brothels. Some of them really excelled at photography and were able to get away and get good educations and make a life for themselves, but others weren't so lucky, and some of them even stayed by choice in order to care for their families. It was heartbreaking to watch them struggle, but it was still a really good documentary.

Whiplash
     SE got me this movie for my birthday and is been wanting to see it for a while. It was so good. It was incredibly intense, the kind of movie where you're sitting on the edge of your seat, totally engrossed. I definitely recommend it to anyone who's looking for a really captivating film to watch.


-VaughnDL




Comments

Popular Posts