April 2015 Wrap Up

1. Million Suns, Beth Revis 4/5

*second book in trilogy*
I will say that I did like this book more than I liked the first one. A lot more happened. Relationships developed, chaos and fighting, it was suspenseful. The reason that I gave it a four out of five is that the beginning and middle are really fast paced but then the ending is just slow as crap. I get really bored then.












2. Opposition, Jennifer L. Armentrout 3/5

Why did they change the terribly awesome covers!?
I honestly don't know what to think of the series. The beginning was so good and then I just felt like it went down hill. I don't know if it was that there was to many books or just to much romance. Did I hate the book? No. It was a pretty good end to the series but overall I was a little disappointed.










3. The Book Of Unknown Americans, Cristina Henriquez
4/5

This book was heartbreaking. I honestly can't say to much without giving anything away. Let's just say that there was a lot of crying and jumbled emotion









4. Calling Me Home, Julie Kibler 4/5

I hate racism.
I hate that people think that people of different races can't fall in love and get married.
This book was in someways gut wrenching. There were parts where I was just crying and I knew how the book was going to end. I think everyone whosoever read it knew how it was going to end.










5. Bread and Wine, Shauna Niequist 5/5

Let me just start by saying I love food. Seriously, some people eat to live but I live to eat. I love cook books, cooking, baking. I love the way the kitchen smells when i'm baking. I love the way it feels when I've made something really great. When you put food and Shauna Niequist together it makes a perfect book for me. I love how she looked at food as a blessing rather than a curse. She doesn't always see cooking as chore but rather a hobby. How she serves others. This book was great.





6. Just One Night, Gayle Foreman 4/5

This was a companion novel to Just One Day and we all know that the book ending in kind of a crappy way. I will say that I did like this novella and to be honest I'm not a big fan of novellas.













7. Keeping The Moon, Sarah Dessen 5/5

This book was honestly so good.
With Sarah Dessen it's either going to be a book that I don't like or a book that I loved. I am so glad that I read this book. The characters and plot was wonderful. I think the best part about it though was the message.
Yes there was things that weren't tied up. I wish they were even though I could guess what happened still I would like to know.











8. Fahrenheit 451, Ray Bradbury 4/5

This was one of those books that people told me to read and I knew that since it was about book burning I was going to have to try it. I didn't like the writing so much with this book but the message was awesome.












9. The Rosie Project, Graeme Simsion 4/5

This book was so adorable. I loved Don, I thought that he was going to annoy me but honestly I fell in love with him throughout the book. This is one of those books that you will love if you love Rom-com movies.
They better be making this into a movie. Sam Claflin better be in it somehow.
I loved this book so much that I forgot that I finished the book and was reading the acknowledgements









Overall:
This month has been a really great reading month. The beginning of the month was kind of rough but honestly I enjoyed the books that I read this month and definitely ended on a good note.
Hopefully May will be just as good. Especially since P.S. I Still Love You is coming out next month!

DFTBA
-AB



Comments

Popular Posts