Thoughts Before Reading: Everything Leads To You, Nina LaCour

Synopsis: A wunderkind young set designer, Emi has already started to find her way in the competitive Hollywood film world.
 Emi is a film buff and a true romantic, but her real-life relationships are a mess. She has desperately gone back to the same girl too many times to mention. But then a mysterious letter from a silver screen legend leads Emi to Ava. Ava is unlike anyone Emi has ever met. She has a tumultuous, not-so-glamorous past, and lives an unconventional life. She’s enigmatic…. She’s beautiful. And she is about to expand Emi’s understanding of family, acceptance, and true romance.

I bought this book last summer and I haven't picked it up yet. John Green recommended and I thought that if John Green liked it then I will like it.
I had no idea that it was about a lesbian character. Not that, that matters. I will admit when I did find out it was kind of a turn off for me and now I kind of feel like an asshole for thinking and saying that. One of our friends recently came out to us and I realized that a person's sexual orientation shouldn't change the way you feel about that person or your friendship. Maybe she'll even read this book.
For some reason I have been reading a lot of contemporaries lately. I think it's time to take a break from Kristin Hannah and read some YA contemporary. I also need to be reading some books that have been on my TBR pile for a while. Also it's about movies and who doesn't love movies?

DFTBA
-AB

This video has nothing to do with the book but I watched it the other day and I want to post it. I think it's so beautiful. It's so much better than 'The First Kiss'. It proves that love is not really about being physical. Did I really just type that? It's so much more than that. It's just powerful the fact that you can look at someone's eyes for four minutes and become closer to someone.


Comments

Popular Posts