Teen Idol

As SE mentioned, MF and I auditioned for the Teen Idol singing competition last night at our local library, and I'm still reeling from the fact that we actually had the guts to get up there in front of a room full of people and sing, and not mess up a single time, and not chicken out about it. It's actually sort of amazing to think about, because the last time I sang by myself in front of a crowd of people was in like second grade when I sang Aways in a Manger in front of my church for our Christmas talent show. I guess I was really nervous last night, but honestly I don't remember being all that nervous when I was actually singing. I remember feeling this burning sensation in my chest which I guess was how I was portraying my nervosa, but I didn't laugh or mess up or do any of the things I normally do when I get nervous about something, so that's really cool. And MF did a great job too, she didn't really freak out at all. She had the giggles and I was so scared we were gonna laugh but we didn't. And it was interesting to listen to all the other auditions. I honestly don't know where we rank among them because everyone was so talented (well there were a few just okay acts) and I'm not one hundred percent sure what te judges were really looking for, so it could really go either way for us. They choose twenty acts to go on, and there were about 55 auditions, so I don't know if we beat out thirty other people or not, it's really hard to say, especially since I didn't actually hear my own audition, I was more focused on just not messing up that I don't know really what we sounded like. But my Mom said we sounded really good, so I'll take her word for it even though I'm sure she's a bit biased haha.
     Of course I've ranted on the blog about kids from our local Arts School, because they're so overly confident and always win everything, so naturally there were several singers and singing acts from the arts school, and honestly, none of them were all that spectacular. Ty were good, but there were better acts that don't have formal training, which I was really happy to see. And this one guy from the arts school, who also happens to be first chair bassist in All Counry Oechestra auditioned for Teen Idol and he was sooooo pretentious. He came in and you could tell he thought he was such a rock star and like he's already won the whole competition. He was wearing sunglasses. Inside. And he was just so over confident, strutting his stuff all over the floor and whipping off his uneccessary sunglasses halfway through and tossing them in the ground, and yet it was so irritating. I kept rolling my eyes during his whole performance, and then right after his performance, the announcer lady was like "just a reminder that we should give the same amount of support to everyone who's performing because it's not easy for these kids to get up here and sing in front of everyone." And I was like oops, that comment was completely directed
towards me. 
     Anyway they start call backs Monday and Tuesday, and they let you know whether you moved on or not, so now I guess all there is to do is wait for that fateful phone call! It's nerve wracking, but honestly the worst of its over and we made it this far and did fine, so we'll be okay. 

       -VaughnDL

Comments

Popular Posts