McFarland, USA

     Tonight DL and I went to see the movie McFarland, USA and even though we missed the first minute or so of the movie because we had to wait in line for 15 minutes to get popcorn and a drink, it was still a really really good movie. I would go watch it again tomorrow in a heartbeat. It was exactly what I expected it to be: a classic, heartfelt, Disney movie where the underdog team becomes a champion due to one coach's faith and the team's hardwork and dedication. But even though I knew exactly how it would end, it was still a really good movie that was funny and family-friendly with loveable characters that you just want to cheer for. I wasn't surprised when people started clapping at the end of the movie; I felt like clapping too. I liked how at the end they included what happened to the runners and even showed the real people running with the actors who played them. 
     I started reading this article written in 1997 about the McFarland cross country team. It's pretty interesting, if you want to check it out. And if you have time, you should definitely go see McFarland, USA.

     Run, Danny, run!


Day 462 Song Recomendation: "Maps" by Yeah Yeah Yeahs.
-SE Wagner 

Comments

Popular Posts