Good Day & Good Movies

     Today was a really good day. It started out with a lovely two hour delay and then I did well on the two tests I had today, which I was really happy about. I know I bombed the poetry timed writing in Lit but I don't really care because there was nothing I could have done to prepare for it.
After school DL came over and we watched The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, which was way better than I thought it would be. It was actually really good and I was surprised at how good the main actresses were. I'm excited to see the second movie. And I can't wait to read the last book in the series this summer. 
     After TSofTP, I forced DL to watch old home movies, including a video of me and my brother running around the family room in underwear and one grass skirt and a coconut bra between the two of us. There was also a video of TJ and an old friend from school giving an armpit farting concert on our back porch while I sang nonsense to accompany them and TJ's friend's little sister is walking around in the background holding a baby doll. DL also got to see my 5-year-old ballet recital of Somewhere Over the Rainbow, which was the whole purpose of me getting out the videos in the first place. DL said I was the best dancer of all of the girls. I know, I know, I was amazing. Unfortunately, I was just too good to continue past kindergarten.
     Then we had dinner, which was aloo matar, which was quite fitting, since the next movie we watched was Slumdog Millionaire, which is set in India. After watching Slumdog Millionaire, I will definitely be adding it to my top ten favorite movies list. I could watch that movie again tomorrow, it was so good. It was so interesting, to see how all of the questions Jamal was asked related to his life, and to see how his relationships with his brother and Latika progressed throughout the years. It was just a really great story and although it wasn't a lighthearted movie, it made me feel good in the end because the good guys win and the bad guys lose and love wins and all that good stuff, PLUS there's a DANCE BREAK at the end during the credits and it's so great! I totally want to learn how to do it. It looks like so much fun, and the song is really catchy.
     Anyway, if you haven't seen either of those movies, I highly recommend both of them. Thank you, DL, for having them and watching them with me! And for laughing at our home videos.

Day 455 Song Recommendation: "Jai Ho" by A. R. Rahman.

-SE Wagner

Comments

Popular Posts