February: This Month's Movies

Fools Rush In

I watched this movie with my Mom instead of watching the Super Bowl and while it was more interesting than the Super Bowl, it's not the type of movie I'd watch again. It was supposed to be a romantic comedy but it wasn't really romantic and it wasn't all that funny. 

13 Going on 30

This movie never ceases to amuse me. The soundtrack is great, the humor is spot on, and Mark Ruffallo is such a cutie pie. 

Camp Takota

Our friend ARB recommended this movie, and I love her for it because this was such a great movie. It was so hilarious, I could watch it again and again and again. It would be a great movie to watch with a bunch of friends at a sleepover or something. 

Take the Lead

This movie is funny and inspirational and makes you want to get up and dance. 

Music and Lyrics

I didn't even finish this movie because it was really stupid. It's a romantic comedy but again, not romantic, not funny. I'm getting kind of tired of RomComs lately. Maybe I've just seems too many bad ones in a row. 

American Sniper

This movie was really intense and emotional. It was the first realistic portrayal of war that I've seen in quite a while. 

In Your Eyes 

This movie was really unique and I liked it a lot. It was totally different from any movie I've ever seen before and unlike most of the other movies I've watched recently, it was really romantic. 

The Day After Tomorrow 

This will never cease to be one of my favorite movies. It's very sobering to see how different people react in chaotic chaotic situations, such as a massive storm that killed half the country. I love watching different people's reactions to the disaster. 

The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants

This movie is very well done. The girls who are in it are great actors and they really portray the characters the way they're written in the book. Plus even though I guess it would be considered a family movie or a kid movie, it's actually pretty touching and emotional. It will always be one of my favorites. 

Slumdog Millionaire 

This is a cinematic masterpiece. Whoever came up with it is a genius, like the Shakespeare of the film industry. Seriously there's so much to talk about in regards to this movie, and the plot is so well meticulated that it blows my mind. I could watch this movie a thousand times. 

When Harry Met Sally

Now here's a romantic comedy that actually lives up to its genre. I actually think this might be my all time favorite RomCom. It's actually realistic, it realistically portrays the ridiculousness of falling in love and how it's not all roses and starbursts, but sometimes awkward and exasperating. There are so many quotable moments in this movie too, it's one of the greatest. 

500 Days of Summer

I couldn't even finish this movie I thought it was stupid. Summer was a total jerk and Tom was too mopey. Plus at the very beginning of the movie they tell you that they don't end up together, so basically I wasn't interested in the story at all because I knew it wasn't going to end happily. Plus, it was one of those indie movies that's just trying way too hard to be an indie movie. It was like they wrote in the script "Summer says something quirky" "Tom has an impromptu singing break" "everyone laughs about weird quirky things" "the lighting of the movie is all soft colors and dark shadows". It was weird. On purpose. 

McFarland, USA

This movie was a great way to end off my February. It was so good, it definitely lived up to my expectations. I would watch it again in a heartbeat, it just made me so happy. And it's the type of movie you want to show your family or your friends or just about anyone because everyone would like it. There were parts where I laughed, and parts where I felt really sad, parts where I wa son the edge of my seat and parts where I just couldn't keep my mouth from spreading into a huge smile. It was the perfect movie and I totally want it when it comes out in DVD. I really really liked it and I highly recommend it. 

-VaughnDL




Comments

Popular Posts