February 2015 Wrap Up


1. American Sniper, Chris Kyle 5/5

Look at the book review.

















2. Origin, Jennifer L. Armentrout 4/5

Wow that was intense.
Once again I can't talk about this book because it's the fourth book in the series. Some of this book felt ridiculous. The other half though was really good.













3. Eleanor and Park, Rainbow Rowell (Re-read) 5/5

This was really interesting to read for the second time. If I got anything out of this book it was that some people are meant to stay in your life and others just make an appearance. The ending was still gut wrenching and I cried. Like I always do. I also realized how flawed Eleanor and Park's relationship is. That isn't necessarily a bad thing. There are those books where everything is so perfect and easy but this book shows what it's like to be in a real relationship.












4. Night Road, Kristin Hannah 10/5 *Favorite*

Perfect, simply perfect.
Kristin Hannah you are one of my new favorite authors and I will read anything you write. I'm sorry I ever doubted you.
This book was a whirlwind of emotions. I loved it so much I had to finish it in one day. The writing was flawless and the characters were yes flawed but wonderful and realistic. I felt for every single one of them. Kristin writes a beautifully crafted story about growing up and forgiveness. I can only pray though that nothing like this ever happens to me. I recommend this book to anyone, really anyone.
I am just full of emotions right now and I can't really speak.
Be prepared to feel all the feels.







5. Home Front, Kristin Hannah 10/5

Once again I am touched by a Kristin Hannah book. It was so unbelievably beautiful. We always hear about the man going off to war, leaving his family behind and not the Mom. She discusses the difficulties of marriage, war and trying to raise a family. I cried during most of this book. Luckily I was at home when I finished it.
Ugh I wish I could talk about it more.
Should I read another Kristin Hannah book?
Yes.







6. Chopsticks, Jessica Anthony & Rodrigo Corral 3.5/5

I found this book for really cheap and I thought that I would give it a chance. This book is pictures, that's basically what it is. So reading it took about an hour maybe even less. Yes the pictures were beautiful but at the same time without words it feels like something is missing. I didn't feel like I connected with the characters because I wasn't reading about them I was just looking at pictures. Again though the pictures were beautiful and overall it was a good story.






7. The Nightingale, Kristin Hannah 5/5

Dear Kristin Hannah, why don't you just rip my heart out before I read one of your books? Because that would be less painful.
Oh my gosh once again the feels. This book started off to be slow but then of course got way better. I just loved this book. I sobbed more than 50% of it but still it was a great book. Just the fact that this book was about war and it was from the perspective of two 'average' women was utterly brilliant and something different. We are so used to the typical German Nazi stories. Not that, that is bad. That plot twist though. I could not believe that Kristin did that. I felt like I had been lied to the entire story. I could go on and on about this story but I won't because that would take forever. I recommend this book. Please, please read it. It needs to be shared and talked about.
Thank you Kristin for breaking my heart, once again.



8. Angry Conversations With God, Susan E. Isaac 4/5

Something different from Kristin Hannah.
I was cracking up when I started reading this.
This is one of those books that I think I will need to re-read someday. It was really good one though. I love how Susan talks about and describes God and how they're relationship grew throughout the story. It was interesting that she brought God to marriage counseling.










9. Summer Island, Kristin Hannah 3.5/5

I was honestly dissapointed with this book.
I am a huge Kristin Hannah fan but this book didn't deliver for me. One of the reasons I love Kristin Hannah books is because of the pace of them. You fly through them and fall in love with the characters. I felt like the plot was drawn out to much and things that happened at the end of the book should have happened in the beginning. I also didn't feel much for the characters. I liked them but I didn't love them. The book kind of seemed like a fairy tale, unrealistic and predictable.









Overall: This month was another good reading month. February is usually the month that I go into a reading slump but luckily because of Kristin Hannah I didn't. I don't know if I'm going to read as much next month because I am going to go back to work and that takes up what little free time I have left.

DFTBA
-AB












Comments

Popular Posts