SE's Oscar Predictions

     In our local newspaper there was an article about a contest being held in which you can guess what movie or actor will win in each category for the Oscars, so I decided to put my guesses on here. I don't feel like entering the contest, even though there is a $100 prize, because A) I haven't seen all of the movies that were nominated and B) It would take too much time (both to watch them all and to enter). So instead I'm just going to bother you with my list.

Best Picture
The Imitation Game (have not seen this, but I watched the trailer and it looked pretty amazing)

Best Actress
Julianne Moore, Still Alice (again, didn't see this, but I watched the trailer and I was impressed with her acting after just a few minutes and the few clips that I watched of the movie were really moving. Also my mom read the book and liked it)

Best Actor
Bradley Cooper, American Sniper (did see this movie, and I was very impressed by how into the role Bradley Cooper was. He gained 40 pounds, developed a Texan accent, and was just very present during the whole film. It was unlike any of his other roles)

Best Supporting Actress
Keira Knightley, The Imitation Game

Best Supporting Actor
J.K. Simmons, Whiplash

Best Director
Wes Anderson, The Grand Budapest Hotel

Skipping a bunch of categories...

Best Original Song
"Glory" by John Legend and Common, Selma

Best Writing Adapted Screenplay
American Sniper (my dad said it was a lot like the book)

Best Cinematography
Robert Yeoman, The Grand Budapest Hotel

Skipping some more categories...

Best Visual Effects
Interstellar. Duh. It can't possibly be any other one. I mean, come on.

Best Costume Design
Milena Canonero, The Grand Budapest Hotel (notice that I'm nominating this movie for basically every category it appears in, even though I don't think the movie in its entirety deserves an Oscar)

Best Sound Mixing (whatever this is)
Gary Rizzo, Interstellar

     What the heck? There's no Best Soundtrack category??? Because if there was, it would have to be The Secret Life of Walter Mitty, even though that was a freaking weird movie.
     Now I challenge DL to do her own predictions, since she's the movie blogger and she's seen at least as many of the movies as I have. I have to wait till February 22nd to find out if any of my predictions were right.

Day 433 Song Recommendation: "Step Out" by Jose Gonzalez. I first heard this song on Frank's playlist and then I heard it again when my parents were watching The Secret Life of Walter Mitty and I was like, "I really like that song", but I didn't realize that it was "Step Out", so I typed in the lyrics and found out that I'd heard it before on Frank's playlist. Then I watched The Secret Life Walter Mitty and waited through the entire credit roll just because I really liked the song.

-SE Wagner


Comments

Popular Posts