Little Women

     Tonight, me, my Mom, and my Grandma all went to see my school's production of Little Women, and I'm not gonna lie, I was pleasantly surprised. Forgive me for not having as much faith in our drama club as I should, it's just that we're such a small school, and I'm sure our drama budget is minuscule. Plus, I've seen how hard it is to coordinate club meetings and practices that everyone is available for. But everyone knew their lines perfectly, and the scenery was really really beautiful! It was great. It was also nice to see who all showed up for the production. It was a nice conglomerate of friends and people I knew, and people I don't know as well. My friend ARB (I'd call her AB, but those initials are taken) is in the drama club, and she was passing out programs, so I got to talk to her for a bit, and my friend SR was there with his friends, supporting some of his other friends in the play, and we talked for a few minutes afterwards, so that was cool too. There was also popcorn and snacks available, which, since I am obsessed with popcorn, was totally great. It was also really nice to see all the teachers that came to support the club. The entire English department came, so I said hi to my Lit teacher and pointed him out to my Grandma.
     Anyway, it was really enjoyable. Usually watching live plays makes me super nervous, I'm always so scared that someone is going to mess up and then not be able to get it together for the rest of the play (the reason I think this is because that's exactly what would happen if I were up there) but everyone did so fantastically! There's this sophomore at our school who has a full beard and the lowest voice you will ever hear, and he played the part of the German professor, and I'm telling you, that kid should win an Oscar or something! His accent was so spot on, he knew all his lines beautifully, and made a quick and helpful ad lib when one of the other characters tripped on her lines a bit. He was definitely my favorite character. I wish I had told him how much I enjoyed his performance, but we had to get going because of the weather, and my Grandma's worrying that it might be dangerous out there.
     Overall, it was a great evening, and my respect for the drama club at our tiny little school grew by quite a bit.

                     -VaughnDL 

Comments

Popular Posts