Going to All County

     Today I went out to listen to MF and DL play in the All County Orchestra. They were super good, and it was a lot of fun. It was kind of scary driving to the high school where it was at though, because I'd never gone there by myself before and while it's near my church and I've driven to my church by myself before, I still was worried that I would take a wrong turn or run red light or something, but none of that happened. I parked and went in and paid for my ticket and sat in the back by myself and then I started scanning the stage and looking for DL and MF but I couldn't see either of them and then I started realizing that all of the kids looked really young and I was like, "Oh my gosh, those are middle schoolers. I'm at the wrong performance. I went to the wrong high school." But then I had enough brains to look down at the program and see that the middle schoolers played before the high schoolers and I breathed a sigh of relief. After going to the winter concert and not being very impressed with the middle school performance, I was pretty blown away by the All County middle schoolers' performance. It was really good. After a brief intermission, the high schoolers came on and I finally spotted DL after like five minutes and I figured that MF was near her. Their performance was amazing, and the only complaint I have is that the conductor was so stinking distracting. Her bobbing blond hair could not be ignored. It really detracted from the overall atmosphere. She should have just gone home. Yeah, I'm a nice person. :) Anyway, it was a fun evening and then I came home and watched old home videos with my cousin and my grandma and my mom. We have so much blackmail material. Jeez. But most of it was cute and funny. Now I have to start on all of the homework I meant to get done today. Sigh. I'm hoping for a snow day on Monday. That would be brilliant.

Day 435 Song Recommendation: "And I Love Her" by The Beatles.
-SE Wagner

Comments

Popular Posts