Epic Coincidence


Last night:
     Oh my gosh I am so unbelievably excited right now!!!!!!!! I had to put down Amy & Roger's Epic Detour just to write about this! I wanted to to tell my mom but that would involve getting out of bed. Anyway, so I'm reading Amy & Roger's Epic Detour and I just found out that they're going to Yosemite and staying at Camp Curry in the canvas tent cabins, which is exactly where we stayed two summers ago!!!!!! So crazy!!!!!

Today:
     Reading about Amy and Roger staying at Camp Curry is basically just like reliving my vacation, and it's really weird. I can picture everything perfectly before Amy/Morgan Matson even describes it because I've been there! And I could tell that Morgan Matson had been there too because she mentions really specific things, like the bear boxes and having to keep your toilet kits and food in there, and the green doors on the cabins, and the beams inside the cabins, and the scratchy wool blankets and how it gets cool at night and you can see so many stars. I remember getting up in the middle of the night and going to wake up my mom in the cabin next to ours because I wasn't supposed to go out at night by myself and while I was waiting for her to get her shoes on, I just stood outside looking up at the stars framed by these gigantic trees and thinking that I had never known there were so many. That's what I absolutely love about the national parks: They remind me that the world is still a beautiful place; it's just hidden sometimes behind all of our supermarkets and strip malls and neighborhoods. It's nice to know that there are still places you can go to that are relatively untouched by greedy human hands.

Later Today:
     Hold it hold it hold it. Morgan Matson is officially my favorite writer in the history of writers. Lost references??? Really? Did she write this book just for me??? I quote: "Now that I knew why we weren't seeing any cars or people- that we hadn't actually entered some Lost-esque purgatory- I was much more okay with it than I had been before."
     And of course, the added bonus of PLAYLISTS!!! Time to get Spotify-ing.










 
 







Day 430 Song Recommendation: "Adrift" by Jack Johnson. One of the song's on Roger's first playlist. Am I in love with Roger? No, not yet. We'll see though.
-SE Wagner

Comments

  1. Welcome to the Morgan Matson Fandom. Just wait with Roger, he takes some warming up to. Frank was instantly love but you have to get to know Roger. I think Morgan did that on purpose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm on page 214. Still not in love with Roger, but I feel like I'm about to be. Just a few more chapters...

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts