De-YouTube-ing

     Finally a dang snow day! And I honestly wasn't really expecting one. The weather people have been so wrong latey, though, that I was hoping that when they were calling for an inch or two we'd really get a blizzard. Well, no blizzard, but apparently enough to first have a delay and then to just have school cancelled. I woke up like 15 minutes ago and now I'm going to lay in bed and read. After I write this post.
     Last night I deleted my YouTube and Pinterest apps on my iPad because I'm just tired of spending so much time on them. I don't spend much time on Pinterest but I do go on there when I have nothing else to do and that's stupid because I could be reading or doing something productive. And as for YouTube, don't get me started. Last night I came to the realization that only like 50% of the videos I watch are actually good and entertaining and the rest I just keep watching because they're only four minutes or whatever. But seriously? That's four more minutes of my life that I'm just wasting. And I was also thinking about how kids these days all have iPhones and iPads and crap and they don't even know how to play board games or read books for fun or go outside and I was thinking about how if I had a little sibling or a kid I would want to instill a love in them for things other than electronics but how could I possibly do that when I spend all my time on stinking YouTube or whatever else? And I was also thinking about road trips and how you can only do them when you're young and then I started feeling like I was getting old really fast and wasting my youth on screens. I want to go on road trips and navigate with a real map, not a GPS that may get me from point A to point B but won't let me see anything in between. I want to read books while I still have free time and I want to write about teenagers while I'm still a teenager and I want to enjoy just being YOUNG.
     And I know that I can still get on YouTube and Pinterest without the apps, but since it took me FORVER to watch the YouTube music video MF sent me using just the web browser, I don't foresee much YouTube watching in my future. And I don't like watching videos on the computer, so that solves that problem. Obviously, I'll still include YouTube videos on here occasionally, but my days of obsessive YouTube watching are over. Hopefully.
     Now that I've been reading in been for an hour and a half I'm going to finally post this.



Day 431 Song Recommendation: "Never Really Knew" by Simian Ghost. 

-SE Wagner 

Comments

Popular Posts