Favorite Books| 2014 Edition

I know that 2014 is not over yet but it's coming to an end faster than we know it. I only have one book to read until I get to 70 books If you don't watch Booktube a lot of booktubers pick their favorite books of the year. Since it's 2014 we have to pick 14 books. This could have go one or two ways.

  1. I won't have enough books to make 14
  2. I'll pick to many books and go over 14
Let's  do this.

1. Nineteen Minutes, Jodi Picoult

There will be at least three Jodi Picoult books. She is by far one of my favorite authors. She is so talented. Her books could all be movies they are so interesting. She is one of the few adult fiction authors that I like. This book was like a really fast roller coaster. I cried and was constantly surprised. I loved learning about all of the characters. I can't even begin to tell you how good it was.










2. The Storyteller, Jodi Picoult

SE didn't like the beginning of this book and I will say that crushes my heart a little inside. Whenever I give someone a Jodi Picoult book I expect someone to love it because it has something for everyone. Though SE is stressed and has a lot to do hopefully this summer. I love learning about the holocaust. So when I found out that Jodi was writing a book about it I was so excited. I loved how this book transitioned so beautifully from present to the past. I loved all the characters. Most people hated Sage but I did have sympathy for her. I had faith in her that she was going to change that she would realize that she is so much better than she thinks. I could relate to her on some level. I just feel like I need to defend her.






3. Leaving Time, Jodi Picoult

I really wish Jodi Picoult would publish five books a year. This book just proves that Jodi can write anything. I was a little hesitant because I didn't feel like there was a moral dilemma and that's what I love about her books and that's what keeps me reading besides the characters. I loved this book though. I almost finished it in school and I tried not to make it obvious that I was crying but that is so hard! I couldn't stop myself. It was just such a brilliant plot twist! I thought I knew what was going to happen but in actuality I had no idea.
If you haven't figured it out I love Jodi Picoult.






4. The Impossible Knife Of Memory, Laurie Halse Anderson

This may be my favorite book of the year. I didn't think I was going to like it. I just wanted to give it a try and I loved it. I loved the characters and the plot. I didn't want to put it down. I wish that there was a sequel












5. Since You've Been Gone, Morgan Matson

This is a perfect summer read. I could not put it down. I loved it so much. I wish I could say more about it but I do think it's better to go into it knowing nothing.
Worst description ever.















6. Let's Get Lost, Adi Alsaid

This is one of those books that I wish that I read in the summer. It's a road trip book which in my mind is one of the best kind of the books. Especially contemporary. I loved all the characters. Especially Lelia. It was just so beautiful to see Lelia change the various characters lives. I just felt something that I can't describe while reading this book.











7.  The Summer I turned Pretty, Jenny Han

I feel like I'm picking a lot of contemporaries. I thought this book was going to a simple contemporary. It wasn't. It was very thoughtful and so are the other book. Yes Bell is a really annoying main character but there is so much more to the story.  I hope that when I read the third book this summer there will be some character development.











8. Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children, Ransom Riggs

I remember reading this book so fast because I had my driver sessions and I knew that I wasn't going to have anytime to read. I didn't expect to like it so much. I am not a fan of horror. Whenever a preview for a scary movie I get legitimately mad. I don't understand why people like to be scared. This book definitely creeped me out. Especially at the end. At the same time though it was a well written book and I am so happy that I read it.









9. Shatter Me, Tahereh Mafi

I read through this book so fast. Not just because it was a somewhat short book but because it was so interesting. If the writing of a story sucks no one is going to like it. Even if the characters are good the book will not be as good as possible. Tahereh Mafi's writing is so beautiful. It's descriptive but not annoying. It's very intriguing.










10.  This Star Won't Go Out, Esther Earl

I love Esther. I knew who she was before this book but now that I read this book I feel like I truly know who she is. She is one of the most beautiful person and we need more people like her on this earth. This book got me crying so hard. I knew she was going to die and the journal entries would stop but I felt like I lost her. I can understand why John Green and everyone loved Esther so much. She has a light that is shinning brightly even after her death. I hope Esther knows what she is doing in this world somehow.  Highly recommend this book.








11. Glass Castle, Jeannette Walls

I love memoirs and this book was no exception. Jeannette is a talented writer when it comes to talking about her life. Just to read the ridiculous things that happened in her child. I just wondered what it would be like to live that kind of life. SE got really excited about this book and SE doesn't get excited about a lot of things. Seriously you could tell that she just wanted to talk about this book.











12. The Selection, Kiera Cass

Yes I know that these books were ridiculous and no one likes America Singer but I really enjoyed reading these books. It was kind of like watching a ridiculous reality TV show that you're ashamed to watch but at the same time it you can't stop watching.













13. Just Listen, Sarah Dessen

With Sarah Dessen I either really like the book or I don't like it. I absolutely loved this book. It just had such a beautiful message and I wish that there had been two more chapters which happens with most contemporaries.















14. Amy And Rogers Epic Detour, Morgan Matson

I loved this book! I was not expecting the end of this book to be what it was. This is a finding yourself story and I love those kinds of books. Again with Morgan Matson it's better to go into it knowing nothing.











Wow I can't believe I picked 14 books that I loved. Of course there were more but these were some of the ones that I loved. It's hard to pick 14 out of 70.

DFTBA
-AB






Comments

Popular Posts