Why Can't I Be Productive on Weekends?!?!

They should just rename me Flimsy.
     Every Sunday I scramble to get everything done that I need to get done before Monday. The result is that I'm up till midnight doing homework and trying not to freak out. You see, I come home on Friday and flop down on the couch with my iPad and don't leave that spot until midnight, when I head to bed feeling weirdly exhausted from so much time on the Internet, and so incredibly unproductive. I should stop this habit, but I won't. Then on Saturdays, I always wake up at a time that is "early" to me and normal to everybody else and think "I should get up now. I should get stuff done. I should be productive." And then I promptly fall back to sleep and don't wake up for another two or three hours, thereby guaranteeing that my day will be completely unproductive and useless. Then on Sundays I go to church, come home, eat lunch, then do the chores I've put off for weeks, like cleaning the bathroom and my room, and then I put off doing my homework for another five hours, until suddenly it's 8 or 9 o'clock and I start remembering the crap ton of stuff I have to do by the next day. Sigh. It's a vicious cycle. On the upside, DL, AB, MF, AP, and I are seeing Mockingjay on Friday!!! That will keep me going through the week, hopefully.

     This pajama shirt smells like mothballs. I need to put on a different one. I won't be able to sleep.

Day 359 Song Recommendation: "Skipalong" by Lenka.
-SE Wagner

Comments

  1. Be happy you are resting...for Sunday is the "Day of Rest." You are doing your body and soul good. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts