Vast Potential

     Reading all those old posts from this past year really inspired me. It's an odd sensation reading your own voice but not remembering what you had actually said. I'm a lot more philosophical in retrospect, it seems. And I had so much to say! I was just brimming with ideas! I'm sure most of that comes from having more time on my hands, so hopefully, come summer break, I'll have some great posts in mind. It also makes you realize all the stuff that's out there TO write about. Who knew there were so many interesting topics (not that every topic we discussed was necessarily interesting). And I always thought I was such an ill-informed teen, because I don't watch the news or read the paper or anything, but I actually seemed to know a bit about what was going on in the world.
     You know, they're right to say that hindsight is twenty twenty. Because I've felt a little discouraged lately because I feel like I've run out of ideas and that there's nothing much to say anymore, but then I look back at the plethora of topics and issues and exciting events that I blogged about this past year and I realize that the world is so vast and in the grand scheme of things, 365 days of blogging is just a tiny (but totally incredible) start. There's still so much I could say, so much that I want to say, and I'm so excited to say it, even if I don't know what to say right at this very moment.
     SE, AB and I always talk about how we hope someday to be in college and use this blog as a means of communicating with each other, and I can't wait to see if that happens. Just imagine all teh wonderful new things we'll have to talk about then?? Moving in to our dorms, meeting new people, maybe falling in love, getting involved with new programs and new people, maybe studying abroad, or going on trips, or running into old high school buddies (hopefully that one comes true). And through it all, imagine how awesome it will be to still have this blog going? I honestly can't wait. And I can't wait to someday show my kids this blog (and they'll be all "Ew Mom that's so embarrassing! That's gonna be on the internet forever!!!!!!!") or show the blog to my husband (hopefully HE won't think it's embarrassing, haha). It just makes me happy to think of all the potential in this little blog. :)


                      -VaughnDL

Comments

Popular Posts