The Next Hunger Games?

Brief thoughts on Mockingjay...
To be honest I was disappointed. The movie was really uneventful. It should have been made into one movie. We all know that it was split into two parts because it is more money. I am going to see it again tonight with my friend and this time I won't drink a bunch of cherry coke and have to pee the entire movie.There wasn't a lot of edge of your seat action like Catching Fire and we all knew that it wasn't going to be as exciting as Catching Fire but still. I had to keep reminding myself to watch the movie. Don't get me wrong I freaked out at the Finnick Odair parts but everyone knew I would. There wasn't a lot of him in the movie which was disappointing but at the same time it was expected. The actors did a phenomenal job but there just wasn't enough action. Josh Hutcherson has just gotten better through out the movies. I can't imagine acting out half the stuff he did and it actually looking good. Jennifer Lawerence was great which was also expected. I am just ready for part two and honestly I am kind of pissed off that I have to wait another year just because of another million dollars.
Oh well.

I was thinking this morning about what happens after the Hunger Games? What is the next big thing? I don't think that it's going to be Divergent because let's be honest the movie sucked and was a bad representation of the book. Even though they are changing directors I don't know if it's going to make that much of a difference.
Here are some potential books that I would love to see be turned into a movie.

1. Legend, Marie Lu

If we're going to stay on the dystopian route I think that this trilogy would be perfect. I only read the first book but I loved it. The only reason I didn't keep going on with the second book was because it was summer and I just wanted to read a contemporary summer romance. I want to read it now. Also it would be really interesting to see the point of view from the two main characters. Also the book did feel like a movie.








2. The Darkest Minds, Alexandra Bracken

I loved these books. Again it's another dystopian. This isn't really like the Hunger Games other than the fact that it is a dystopian. The main character is just so amazing and anyone can love her. Also the other characters are great too. Apparently someone already has the movie rights













3. The Selection, Kiera Cass

This either could be really good or really bad. I feel like the movie would kind of have to stray away from the book to make it a fantastic movie. One of my biggest fears with this series is that it might translate as to girly and annoying. Because if i'm being honest the main character can be really annoying.
Regardless I would like to see it turned into a movie.












Again I don't think that Divergent is going to be the next big thing. Let's be honest the first movie sucked and so nobody really cares that there is another movie unless your a fan of the books. I'm a fan and i'm not even excited for the next movie. It just makes me a little upset to think that this might be the last YA phenomenon in a long time. What else is there to look forward too? The thing about The Harry Potter, Twilight and Hunger Games movies is that it got people really excited about reading because if we're being honest someone is more likely to be a fan of something if it's popular and who knows that may get them reading. When Twilight was over I thought that it was the end of the world. Seriously when I got home from the movie I just cried because I didn't know what was going to be next and at that time I had only read the first book of the Hunger Games and I was thrilled. Then my uncle made me watch the Hunger Games and I didn't like the first movie. I thought that they could have done way better. They focused way to much on the romance aspect. Luckily the second movie wasn't like that.
I know Mockingjay Part Two isn't out but still what's after that?

DFTBA
-AB

Comments

Popular Posts