Thanksgiving 2014

To be honest Thanksgiving was kind of a let down. There was a big reason why I didn't want it to snow other than the fact that it is to early for snow. Every year the youth has the Thanksgiving Breakfast. This has been going on for over two hundred years. Not even joking. I didn't think that if it did snow that they would cancel it but guess what? It was canceled. I don't know if this has ever happened before but I just couldn't believe it. For a lot of people in the youth this was their last one. It's one of the best youth events. I am not a big person of Thanksgiving because I don't really care for the food but I do love my family. Of course I was not very pleased about this but Megan came over and we ate food and watched movies. It's not the best but we tried. I guess the good thing was that I wasn't exhausted on Thanksgiving but I honestly would rather be exhausted.
Today was pretty simple we went over to my grandparents and my Nana made the most delicious three layer chocolate cake. I can't stop thinking about it.
On the way to my Aunt's and Uncle's house we saw a homeless man on the side of the road. It was one of those situations where we were at a stop sign and you couldn't just drive past and ignore him. We gave him money and he asked us to drive him to a certain place. We couldn't because we didn't know him very well and what if he did have a gun? It sounds stupid as I type this. I really pushed back the tears as we drove away from him. There was a lump in my throat the entire time. I felt so bad that we didn't drive him to where he needed to go. It was one of those moments where I was like why the hell have I ever complained? I have everything I could have ever wanted and more and this guy had nothing. Shay Carl is a man who I have probably talked about before has been a huge inspiration to me. He talked about if he had enough money he would go to a restaurant on Thanksgiving, order something and give the person who was waiting on him $100 dollars. I don't know if he ever did this but it is also something I want to do. God forbid I lose everything I know without a doubt I would have someone to go to.

"Give to every man that asks of you; and of him that takes away your goods ask them not again."
-Luke 6:30

Rant over.
Thanks SE for telling us that Interstellar was good. I have been wanting to see that movie for a while and now I'm going to have to drag my cousin after work to go see it with me. She wants to see Mockingjay and to be honest I don't want to see it again. I'm just ready for part 2.
Have a good rest of your Thanksgiving. I hope you ate a lot of food and took a giant nap and of course above all were thankful.
Here are some people that I am thankful for. Unfortunately I couldn't get everyone in the picture but here are a lot of them.
DFTBA
-AB



Comments

Popular Posts