Mockingjay Part I Rating: Just Give Me Part II Already!

     Today was a super fun day, but I have to say, Mockingjay was rather disappointing. It was all exposition and rising action, with a snippet of climax in the last 15 minutes or so. One of the few scenes that really gave me the feels was when Katniss is singing "The Hanging Tree" and it cuts to the rebels rushing in to bomb the dam and then all the power goes out in the Capitol. That was pretty intense. Oh, and when the lumber jacks bombed all of the peace keepers. You know, I'm pretty critical of the movie, but I did have a couple moments where I was like, "Wow, this is getting intense." Especially once they rescue the victors, and also when Finnick is giving his speech about the things Snow made him do, and the secrets people would tell him about Snow and the Capitol. I didn't remember that from the book. I also thought they did a really good job with making Peeta and Johanna look really sick and emaciated. They were scary. And Jennifer Lawrence's wig was realistic looking. You wouldn't have known she was wearing a wig if you didn't know she'd cut her hair. However, I thought that there were too many speeches, and they all said basically the same thing. Like, I think Coin played too big of a role. I know that she's a main character, but I feel like they should have cut some of her lines and added more action scenes, or not ended at the point they ended at. When the screen went black at the end and showed "The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part I" I was like "Wait, what? That can't be the end. It's just like, an intermission or whatever. There's still like an hour left." And then the credits started to roll and I was like "Okay, then..." I'm not too disappointed though because I'm pretty sure part II is going to be amazing, and I can't wait for it. I hope it comes out at the same time next year so that we can keep celebrating the Papersol Anniversary with the release of the Hunger Games movies.
     We're hoping to do a big anniversary thing on the blog tomorrow, but we're still not completely sure what we're going to do so... We'll try our best.

Day 364 Song Recommendation: "Ships in the Night" by Mat Kearney.
-SE Wagner

Comments

Popular Posts