Mockingjay, Friends, and Shopping

     Well, today was a much better day than yesterday, that's for sure. It seems that all is forgiven with my friend that I mentioned yesterday, which is more than I deserve, but I'm very grateful. And I really wish I could have been there to pray with Faizah yesterday, because, believe it or not, I've been praying for her by myself for a few months now. I don't know why, I just got one of those feelings you sometimes get that someone needs to be prayed for. That would have been really cool to be part of that little prayer group yesterday, but oh well. Maybe Faizah will feel my prayers in spirit. :)
     We went to see Mockingjay Part 1 today, as you know, and it was so much fun hanging out with SE, AB, AP, and MF at the movies and at MF's house afterward. It really made me realize how awesome my friends are. As for the movie, I liked it, but I thought it was kind of slow and that all the action happened suddenly at the end. But maybe it'll all resolve really epic-ly in part two. So I'm excited for that.
     I'm also excited for my youth group Christmas shopping trip tomorrow! I've noticed that I always seem to worry about how much money I should spend on each person at Christmas time and whether I'll have enough money and bla bla bla, and you know what? I usually always have some left over, and get exactly the presents I want for people. So I decided that this year I'm going to try worrying less. And it would be totally awesome if I could completely finish my Christmas shopping tomorrow, because then I could spend December relatively stress free, and just have fun wrapping all the presents and getting ready for the parts of Christmas that matter even more than the gifts and the money I spend. So wish me luck!

                      -VaughnDL 

Comments

Popular Posts