Happy Thanksgiving Eve!

     With all this snow on the ground, it feels more like tomorrow should be Christmas, not Thanksgiving! I'm glad for the snow though, because it's really pretty, and it meant that my brother could come home from school earlier than he'd been planning. Of course, he's spending that extra time with his girlfriend, but still. Today has been an incredibly productive day for me. That's an unusual thing for me to say, because usually when I have a day off school, I just spend it vegging out on the computer. But today I did some hard core cleaning. My room had gotten really messy, mostly because with school and everything, I just don't have time or the will to be organized, so I took the opportunity to clean it rather thoroughly today. Then I cleaned off my desk in the living room, which I swore at the beginning of the school year I was going to use every night to do homework, but which soon became the dumping grounds for every random piece of jewelry, paper, book, and trash on the planet. Now it's nice and clean, but I'm not crossing my fingers that it will stay that way. I have a theory about people. I think there are messy people (like my brother, who never even attempt to clean anything), clean people (like my grandma, who never even attempt to put something where it doesn't belong) and spring-cleaner type people (like myself, who cleans obsessively like four times a year, and keeps things nice and tidy for a few weeks, and then just lets it all go for months before cleaning obsessively again). I don't know which one of the three is the best to be. I want to say the clean people, but a little mess makes the world go round, in my opinion. And being overly concerned with everything being perfectly clean and pristine is unhealthy I'm sure. And honestly, the messy people are probably the happiest, because they aren't bothered by the mess that surrounds them. I just can't wrap my head around that concept, because every time I walk into my brother's room, I cringe. Anyway, now I'm all tuckered out from all that cleaning, and I'd been planning on decorating for Christmas today, but that never happened, so now I'll probably be doing that on Friday. So it'll be a busy break, but hopefully a productive one, and I can't wait to stuff myself with delicious turkey all day tomorrow, and hang out with my brother. :)

                -VaughnDL 

Comments

Popular Posts