Good News and Bad News

     This weekend was the state championship games for the girls volleyball and soccer teams at my high school, and the results were both good and bad. Volleyball won, but soccer lost. It was especially disappointing for soccer because they lost to the same team they lost to last year in the championship game. It's even more disappointing for the seniors on the team who won't get another shot at a state title. But I know that they all played their hardest and they had a great season. It's funny, because I don't get worked up about sports, but when I saw that the girls soccer team lost, I was kind of upset. A friend of AB's, DL's and mine is on the team and you can tell how much soccer means to her and how much the team means to her, and you could tell she really wanted that win. So when I found out they lost, I felt an empathetic amount of crushing defeat. They deserved to win, but sports aren't about deserving stuff. It's just about who has the better game come game day. And today, the odds just weren't in their favor. The good thing is that it's not the end of the world, and I hope that at the end of the day, the team was proud of coming as far as they did. Because if we only lived for winning and not the game, we'd all be disappointed in the end. 

Day 358 Song Recommendation: "The Miracle (Of Joey Ramone)" by U2. 
-SE Wagner 

Comments

Popular Posts