September 2014 Wrap Up


This month has been completely crazy. It felt long but short at the same time. Right now I am exhausted because of work our Church bonfire which hopefully I will be able to post about tomorrow because there is barely any energy in my body and I still have to do homework. I only read three books this month and I honestly did want to read five but oh well. I know that I won't finish the Maze Runner by October 1st even though it is a good book.

Surprised By Oxford, Carolyn Weber 5/5

First of all I didn't think that I was going to like this book as much as I did. The back doesn't make the book sound good but seriously it is one of my favorite memoirs. I related to Carolyn on so many levels. I grew up in a Christian home but unless you actually adopt the faith on your own it doesn't mean anything to you. This book made me confront some things that really bothered me and that's not a bad thing. I enjoyed reading her story as you go through her different stages of becoming a Christian. She is opinionated, yet thoughtful and kind.






Anthem, Ayn Rand 4.8/5

I honestly thought that I was going to hate this book. I don't particularly like the books that are picked for me to read by teachers because most of the time I can't relate to them whatsoever and sometimes I really don't want to look for the symbols in books that probably weren't even intentional by the author or the complete opposite of what they believed or believe because I just want to read. This was actually a good book because it wasn't one specific thing and it's diverse. This book is about following your own path and doing what you think is right and standing up and speaking out against what you don't believe in. This book is short but it still has a lot of meaning.
The one thing that did annoy me about this books is that it focuses so much on individualism. Yes it's important but at the same time community is great too.







Isla And The Boy Next Door, Stephanie Perkins ???/5

I unfortunately didn't finish this book this month because I couldn't get through it. As I have said this month has been ridiculously stressful and when I'm stressed I don't want to read a contemporary book. I love Stephanie Perkins. Anna and the french kiss is amazing. At the same time this book is only about the relationship and I don't like that. I want variety and back stories. I want to know about the other characters. With Anna and Lola and the boy next door were very much involved with other characters and this book isn't. Believe me when I say that I will finish it someday. I hate not finishing books. I will finish it someday.





Wild, Cheryl Strayed 3/5

I wish that I had liked this book more than I did. To be honest I wasn't very impressed. I don't feel like Cheryl did a lot of growing. Yes she stopped a lot of her old habits but I didn't feel like she moved on from the loss of her mother. This book was somewhat slow. I don't know I think I just expected more.

















DFTBA
-AB


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts