My Story...

I thought that I was going to do a book tag but I decided to do this instead. Saturday was our Youth Bonfire which is one of my favorite events of the year. It was at an old but beautiful barn and we made pizza and played flashlight tag. Cole who is a really good friend of mine who I've talked about before we sat down and just began talking. What ensued was me sharing my testimony. I don't know if i'm ready to share that here but let's just say that God and I have been down a rocky road and I've done some stupid things. By the end of the conversation we were both crying and he shared with me things that were weighing on his heart and I realized that I haven't been close to God. It was like halfway through this month something just pulled me away. No song, no video, no bible verse could make me feel better. That same day I had gone to work that morning I was driving a little to fast and as I came over a hill I saw the yellow light. I slammed on the breaks and my car just jolted. I cursed and just gripped the steering wheel, my heart was beating so fast. Thank God I didn't run the red light. I know that, that was just God telling me to slow down. It's been the first time in a long time that I had been so distant from someone who I considered a loving father. I thought that my Christian testimony was over but the truth is, is that our testimony doesn't end until we die. We will struggle with our faith and sometimes it just doesn't seem like we'll make it.
I have been journaling for the past 133 days and to be honest I am getting kind of bored. I decided to change it up a bit and write a letter to God each day until I reach 365 days throughout this journey I will be sharing my failures, my achievements and whatever the heck I want.
I can't wait to see how this goes.
DFTBA
-AB

Comments

Popular Posts