August 2014 Wrap Up

I had a really good reading month and I was very proud of myself. The reason that I read so many books was because I went on vacation and the only thing I do is read. It sounds terrible but I absolutely  Unfortunately we had two rainy days but I did get to finish some books on my TBR pile...

1. Landline, Rainbow Rowell (5/5)


I have already talked about how much I love this book. I thought that it was a very good representation of marriage and at the same time it was funny. I did cry a little bit but that's just because it's me.














2. Amy & Roger's Epic Detour, Morgan Matson (5/5)

I am absolutely in love with Morgan Matson. She is definitely one of my favorite authors now. People have been raving about this book for so many years and since I loved Since you've been gone I decided to get her other two books. This book will make you feel all the feels. You will get angry you will cry floods and you will giggle and laugh. I binge read this book simply because I couldn't put it down. The title may sound cheesy but it is a good book. P.S. There's also a little surprises in the book.







3. The Summer I Turned Pretty, Jenny Han (5/5)
This is one of those books that you will just fly through. Mainly because it's short but at the same time it's very fast paced. This is a summer read. If you are on the beach while reading this I feel like you will have an even better experience. You just feel for the characters and you want to know what happens next. It was a beautiful and real book and I was practically sobbing by the end of the book.









4. Gone Girl, Gillian Flynn (1/5)
I feel like this is going to be some sort of a rant. I had no expectations going into this book. I got this book out of curiosity. I made a goal to try to read some adult fiction because I read so much YA. Also it's being made into a movie and I have to be one of those people that reads the book before the movie. Also one of my friends on Goodreads really liked it. For some reason I didn't check the rest of the reviews but they all said that it was terrible. This book is gross and the writing doesn't make sense. The characters are a little to mysterious and you don't understand anything that they say. All of the characters were awful and I had no sympathy for them.
The only thing I loved about this book was the cover.





5. The Impossible Knife Of Memory, Laurie Halse Anderson (5/5)

I have always had a huge amount of respect for Laurie Halse Anderson. The fact that she writes about the things that she does is really inspirational. This is one of the best books that I have read this year. I would recommend this book to anybody. This book involves PTSD and American Soldiers. I have always found it amazingly courageous to go to the military where you are trained to kill and then to come home to a normal society has to be challenging. I felt for every single character and their struggles. Hayley was a wonderful heroin. I seriously loved this book so much.





6.  Second Chance Summer, Morgan Matson (4.5/5)

This book was extremely sad. I cried for about the last twenty pages. I didn't love it as much as I loved Morgan's other two books but it still had a good message. I definitely wanted to tell everyone I knew that I loved them.












7. It's Not Summer Without You, Jenny Han 4.8/5

I love Jenny Han, seriously she is one of the best authors ever and I just can't get enough of her. I will say that the reason that this was not a total five is because Belly can act like a complete child. I was hoping that there would be more character development in her but there wasn't. Maybe in the next book. At the same time it is a nice, fast, though provoking summer read.










8. We Were Liars, E. Lockhart 2.7/5

This book is so different than anything I have ever read. I finished this at night and I was creeped out, sad, confused all at the same time. I can't say anything about this book because it is best to go into it knowing absolutely nothing!










9. The Storyteller, Jodi Picoult 5/5

This is another gut-wrenching Jodi Picoult book. She tackles the issue of forgiveness with grace and bravery. The characters were so enticing and I could not put it down. You want so badly to know what happens next. It is so different from any holocaust book I have ever read. By the end I was in tears. I wanted more by the end. I have so much to say but I can't without spoiling it.


Comments

Popular Posts