Bathing Suit Nonsense

     Wow, I'm ahead of myself. Only 4:52pm and I'm already wearing my pajamas!
I'll just be thankful I don't look like this...
      Ever since I got home from school, I've been in kind of a crappy mood. You see, tomorrow I'm going swimming at a friend's house, and that's all fine and dandy, except that the only two bathing suits I have that fit me are one that's really unflattering, and one that I've had for literally about 3 years. There's nothing wrong with it, I'm just tired of it. All my friends have seen it on me a million times before, and I've worn it a ton. So I figured tonight I could ask my Mom to take me to the store she works and we could go bathing suit shopping. Well, I should have brought this plan up a while ago, because the store closes at 5 on Thursdays, and so we couldn't go, because my Mom didn't get home from the grocery store until 4:30, and by then it was too late. So I've been sulking about my stupid bathing suit issues for the past hour and you know what? That's really really dumb. It's a perfectly fine bathing suit! I actually really like it, but since I've had it for such a long time, I've kind of demoted it to the suit I only wear around my family, so I "need" a new one to wear in public. But I'm going to just suck it up, because the bathing suit is in great condition, it still fits, and I'm just selfish for wanting a new one. After saying all this, I can assure you that I will probably still get a new bathing suit before summer break officially arrives. Because as much as I keep going on about not needing a new bathing suit, I still WANT one. So there.

Movie Recommendation: Heaven Is For Real. This is a movie that I haven't seen yet, but I really want to. I almost saw it last weekend, but I didn't after all. Hopefully I'll get a chance while it's still in theaters. It looks super good and I've heard a lot of great reviews from people at my church. AB's read the book, and said it was really good too. Which only makes me want to see it more. :) I know for a fact I will bawl at this movie. I almost cry just watching the trailer! I'm a wimp.

                 -VaughnDL

Comments

Popular Posts