Dreary Day

     It's a cold, rainy day today, so as soon as I came home from school I put on sweatpants, sweatshirt, and my fuzzy pink slippers. No shame. I'm warm for just about the first time all day. Today is not a happy rainy day, but a depressing, stay-inside-and-read-and-watch-YouTube day. And avoid reading YET ANOTHER GOVERNMENT CHAPTER! Geez oh Pete, I am getting sick and tired of reading about the dang U.S. government! Anyway, I watched the first five episodes of Emma Approved, and I like it, although Emma is very annoying. Can't she see that Ryan and Annie are not meant to be together? Let go of your ego for once, Emma, or you're going to ruin their life!
     I guess I'll go do some homework... sigh.
     Later...
     So I'm using Emma Approved as an incentive to read my government chapter. For every 5 pages I read, I get to watch one episode. I'm a hopeless dork...
     Later...
     Okay, so maybe Annie and Ryan are meant to be together... Got to episode 7.
     So I've been listening to DL's iPod some more, and I've made some observations about setting preferences:

  1. DL's screen light stays on for like, 10 seconds after you've last touched a button, whereas mine stays on for like, 2 seconds. 
  2. DL's iPod makes clicking/scrolling noises, and mine is on silent.
  3. This is a really lame list. 
     Lately there have been a lot of wild turkeys in our backyard. They're so stupid looking. Did you know that Benjamin Franklin wanted the wild turkey to be the national bird? I'm glad that never happened. 
     In keeping with the randomness of this post, I'm going to talk about how my health teacher was in a bad mood today because his wife texted him 19 times saying that she was stranded on the side of the road because she got a flat tire and didn't know how to change it, and my health teacher went on and on about how she lacked common sense and blah blah blah and how he was leaving after our class to go change her tire. Well, I have no idea how to change a tire. And this bothers me. As someone who is going to be driving by herself in the next four months (if all goes as planned), I don't want to be that helpless person stranded on the side of the road in the rain because I don't know how to change a tire. I'm one of those feminists who doesn't like to rely on a man to help with the kinds of things that women aren't necessarily expected to do. So, for all you feminists out there, and for anyone who, like me, doesn't yet know how to change a tire and doesn't want to be stuck on the side of the road when you inevitably get a flat, here's an easy-to-follow, how-to video.


And now it's that time again.

Day 158 Song Recommendation: "A Dustland Fairytale" by The Killers. This music video turned out to be a lot darker than I thought it'd be.
-SE Wagner

Comments

Popular Posts