Urg...Advertising!

     You know what makes me mad? Excessive advertising. Today I got on 8tracks to add some more songs to my playlist, and found that the website has been essentially transformed into an ad for 7 Up. It looks awful, and it's really distracting, and I don't want to buy 7 Up! Another website that is guilty of this is Pandora... but Pandora is almost worse, because they not only have visual advertising, but audio advertising too. Just when you're in the groove of song-listening, an ad for McDonald's or some hotel comes on and you have to listen to all thirty seconds of it, because if you turn off the volume, you might miss the start of the next song that comes on.
     I understand that advertising is sometimes necessary for businesses to make money, and for the corporations advertising to make money too, but when it becomes in-your-face excessive... that's when I get angry.
     I thought I had more to say about that whole subject, but I don't.
     I'm going to go watch Flipped.

Day 127 Song Recommendation: "Lovefool" by The Cardigans. This is nice video.
-SE Wagner

Comments

Popular Posts