Unfair Teachers And 'Busy Work'

I like to believe that i'm a pretty good student. Am I perfect? No. Do I study and try? Yes. Today has been another bad Monday. Teachers who are completely unfair is one of my biggest pet peeves. Life has been really messy and complicated lately, not only for me but for a lot of other teenagers who have personal lives. Most teachers have no respect for them and it drives me crazy! Today we had to take a huge test that wasn't easy at all. I study for three hours last night over and over again. I still have eraser shavings covering my desk and I still failed. The great thing about tests is that you can retake them. But our teacher decided that if you don't know all the information the first time then you don't study at all and you'll never learn it. I understand that there are students out there that don't study and barely try but I am not one of them. This teacher thinks that I don't try in this class and that's what pisses me off. It's a hard class and I'm sorry if it's not one of my better classes. So tomorrow I have to go and try to convince the teacher to let me retake the test. Another thing that drives me to the edge is 'busy work.' if you are a teacher you probably know what that is. It's basically work that teachers give you when they just want to give you work for no reason. This weekend I had to do a four page math packet that had nothing to do with what we were learning. What the heck? I could be doing something useful with those three hours that I wasted sitting at my desk doing basically nothing but pointless work. I still have make up work from Florida that was freaking three weeks ago. Do you seriously need to give me all this make up work? I know that I am a teenager and it is only natural that I stand up for the teenagers around the world. We really are in the minority because mostly adults side with adults and sometimes even teenagers side with adults. I am not trying to say that I am better than teachers and that I am all knowing but we are high school students not college students or 'adults' we are growing up, making mistakes and above all LEARNING. Not just academically but personally. High school in some way is supposed to be a good experience and I mean it is because I have made so much more friends and have tried to so many different things. I have definitely gotten out of my comfort zone. Academically it sucks I have had great teachers and bad teachers and I just wish that I could block the bad teachers out but like I have said many times before I am a sensitive person and I don't forget. I just keep praying that God will give me peace and that high school is four years of your long life here on this earth. That does make me happy because I like to believe that the best years of my life are still ahead of me and I just need to trust God and let him have control. Wherever he wants me to go i'll go because at the end of the day he knows what's best for me.


Now if you'll excuse me I have to go find examples of why the 'river' in Huckleberry Finn is either a 'character' or a 'symbol' in the story.
Great.
DFTBA
-AB

3 Surely he will save you from the fowler's snare and from the deadly pestilence. 4 He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart. 5 You will not fear the terror of night, nor the arrow that flies by day, 6 nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness, nor the plague that destroys at midday.
-Psalm 91:3-6 


Comments

Popular Posts