Too Expensive


     Do you want to know the real reason why America is in a recession right now???? It's a little thing called SHIPPING AND HANDLING. So I have some birthday money left over, and I decided I would spend some of it on an Amazon shopping spree. I ordered a bunch of books and movies that I wanted, and was so happy that my subtotal came to under $50 and was all ready to place my order when I saw that my shipping and handling alone was 150% more expensive than my actual order!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is NOT okay. I had to go from about 20 items to 8 items, and then when I checked out, it told me that two of my items WERE NO LONGER AVAILABLE FOR ORDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So I only got to buy 6 items, but by that time, I was so pissed off I just wanted to be done with the whole thing anyway. So now I'm in a really bad mood because ordering things online is such a racket and such a rip off and I hate it. I will be happy to stick to Second and Charles for all my movie/book/music needs, thank you very much. At least then when I buy a book for a dollar, they don't tell me, right before I'm about to walk out the door, "Oh, we'll need three more dollars for the shipping and handling fee." That is absolute rubbish. Total nonsense. Remember the Boston Tea Party? Yeah, well I'm going to organize the Amazon Cardboard Party. We're going to storm the Amazon shipping facility and burn up all the cardboard boxes and tape. That'll teach 'em. Actually, it won't at all. I mean hey, I'm all for "Give to Caesar what is Caesar's", I mean I understand the point of taxes and fees and stuff, but when you order a book for $.01, and the shipping fee is the same for a book that's $17, that is absolute hogwash. the Revolution was started over a 2% tax, and we plod through life forking over 6% of every dollar. Why are we not up in arms??????? Phew, anyway, I'm going to try and calm down, even though thanks to Amazon, I can't buy Eleanor and Park, The Book Thief, and about a dozen movies I really wanted.
     Speaking of The Book Thief, my Mom is currently sitting in a chair in this very room reading the last few pages of it and I keep stealing glances at her to see how blubbery she's getting, and let me tell you, she's crying pretty hard. She wasn't at first, and I was really surprised, cuz I had checked to see how far she was in the book, but now she's sheddin' some salt water and snot bubbles, so that's encouraging.
     I'm done rambling for today.

Movie Recommendation: This is actually a recommendation for a movie I WANT to see, but haven't seen yet. (Should I even mention that I tried to buy it on Amazon, but then had to remove it from my order to reduce my total??) It's Kind of A Funny Story. It does, in fact, look like a very funny story.

                                   -VaughnDL

Comments

  1. I watched that movie a few weeks ago! I almost bought it for you for your birthday...sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should've ordered everything from Amazon instead of private sellers, because then you get free shipping on orders over $35.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you like it? And yeah, I figured that out halfway through, but by then I was too frustrated to bother with it, and I'd gotten my order down to like $30 so I just quit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, I understand. Yeah, it was good, but it wasn't as good as I thought it'd be. Worth watching, but maybe not buying. I don't know. I think you'd like it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts