Oh, Who Knows?

     I started reading a preview of Jen Hatmaker's book "7: An Experimental Mutiny Against Excess" on Amazon today and I have to say, Jen Hatmaker is a good writer. And I also have to say: I'm still not completely convinced. I guess you could say I'm almost there. But quite honestly, I don't think I'll ever be all the way there. I don't think I'll be all the way there until June 1st, when I say, "Screw it, I'm giving it a try, even though I don't fully understand this, even though I don't even really want to do this, even though it's going to make me miserable."

     I have a problem with this video for several reasons. One, for it's use of the phrase "seven simple choices". I would not call them "simple" at all. Two, the music in the background makes it seem like it's all butterflies and rainbows. Three, the narrator makes it seem like all butterflies and rainbows. I want to hear about the struggle, not all of the WONDERFUL outcomes of it. Don't gloss over the ugly parts. Anyway. Have a nice evening.

Day 129 Song Recommendation: "Easier to Lie" by Aqualung.
-SE Wagner

Comments

Popular Posts