Divergent REview

     I would just like to preface this by saying that I did not hate Divergent. I didn't even really dislike it. I just kind of feel indifferent towards it. Like the stuff I didn't like about it cancel out the stuff I did like about it, so I don't really care about it that much at all. That sounds really callous though. It's not that I don't care about it, it's that I just don't know HOW I feel about it. So there. Now here we go.

     My biggest beef with this movie is not the fact that the graphics were pretty lame or that there was little to no character development, or that they didn't stay exactly true to the book or even that Theo James was obviously WAY too old to play Four (that's probably my second biggest pet peeve). My biggest beef was that there was really no discernible target audience!

Biggest Beef...Haha...Get it?
People who've read the book were most likely disappointed, and people who didn't read the book were most likely totally confused about what was going on! Who then was this movie intended for? Maybe someone who read like, half of the book? Or maybe women who honestly don't really care what it's about and just want to see Theo James and his glorious back tattoo? Cuz I mean, SE and AB and I have analyzed and reanalyzed this movie excessively because it wasn't that close to the book, and seriously, if you HADN'T read the book, you'd be so lost! Don't take my word for it though, maybe you'll love it, and if you read the book, you will still enjoy it for the things that they did do well, which were just as plentiful as the things they didn't do well. So that's all I have to say about Divergent.
                                                                                          -VaughnDL
OH MY GOODNESS THIS IS SO EGREGIOUS! LEARN HOW TO FREAKING SPELL BEATRICE!!!!!!!

Hmmm, he might have made a good Four. Definitely closer
to the right age.


What?? Abnegations taking SELFIES? That's probably frowned upon, don't you think??


Comments

  1. Max Irons would've been perfect... Unfortunately, he was already taken in The Host.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts