Beautiful Day and Shatter Me (Briefly)

     Reading DL's post made me remember a dream I had last night (see, I told you I only remember my dreams on the weekends!). In the dream, it was Friday night and for some reason I already had the Divergent movie on DVD and so my dad and I started watching it and then like, half way through it, I was like, "Oh, crap! I was supposed to wait and watch it with AB and DL! What have I done?!?!" and then I was really mad at myself. Haha. I'm glad that didn't really happy. I'm so excited to see it tomorrow!
Meanwhile, as DL mentioned, it's gorgeous outside today. 65 degrees and sunny. In fact, I think I'm going to go outside for a bit...

     A while later...
Well, that was nice. So I finished Shatter Me this morning. It was really good. Here's the time line for me for this book:
Beginning: Really, really liked it.
Middle: Really, really was getting sick of the romance. Did not like it that much.
End: Can't wait to read the second book.

     Don't get me wrong, I like romance in books. But I have a limit. And for a while there, Shatter Me was testing my limits. In the beginning, the romance was refreshing and nice, but then it got borderline trashy, or at least obnoxious, but then at the end, it went back to being okay, and several exciting developments happened (not with the romance, with the plot). So yeah, four out of five for Shatter Me.
Here is an interview with Tahereh Mafi, the author of the Shatter Me series. She's pretty awesome. And really funny.
  

Day 120 Song Recommendation: "Shattered" by The Cranberries. Hm, I wonder why I'm recommending this song??? Hey, I think we only have 10 more days of the Internet fast! Confession: I haven't been following the fast that strictly, but I am most certainly using the Internet less, and I'm going to continue to even after the fast is over. I like my life better when it's not controlled by the Internet.
-SE Wagner

Comments

Popular Posts