Fresh Faced For Forty Days

 First of all I love the internet...if you haven't already noticed. YouTube and other networking sites are great for getting to know people. I was lucky enough to meet Melissa, on the internet. I know that this sounds creepy but trust me it's not. I found Melissa on her YouTube channel Melissa Jenna I found out the 7 Challenge from her which is seven months of taking all the excess out of your life. I kept watching her videos and we began to talk and she is seriously one of the nicest people I have ever sort of 'met'. After the 7 challenge I really wanted to try something else, another fast. I found that I really like the challenge and I tried to think of something that I would like to do and Melissa started to talk about not wearing makeup. Honestly I love makeup, as I have grown up I felt the need to wear it more and more. This isn't necessarily a bad thing but if you use it as a crutch it begins to become a problem. That's what was happening for me. One Sunday my brother and I were getting ready for church and we were running out of time. I had the choice of either putting on makeup or brushing my teeth. Don't worry I chose dental hygiene. The experience at church however was not a very pleasant experience. Whenever I would talk to someone I would feel like they would notice that I was not wearing makeup and that I looked ugly. Needless to say that was not a good day. Then Melissa brought up this make up challenge. She talked about how she fasted from make for forty five days. Then she touches the topic of Magic Mike and 50 Shades Of Grey and I LOVE what she says about it. I haven't worn any makeup for the past almost two weeks and it's been great and horrible. I do feel naked and weird without it and it's great because I don't have to take ten minutes out of my day to put my 'face' on. The strange thing about it is, is that no one has really noticed except my parents. It's crazy how much emphasis we put on makeup and how important it is. It's really not and even though it's hard I am going to do this for a complete forty days and we'll see if I keep going on with it. I really want to wear makeup so probably. I also have big plans for this summer including a serious food fasting and I cannot wait! I probably, okay I know that I won't be excited when that comes this June. I'm hoping that SE and DL will do this with me. It may take some serious convincing but that is for another blog post.
DFTBA
-AB

This is the video that Melissa made, I hope you like it. She is a awesome godly woman.

Comments

Popular Posts